Author Topic: micrsoft death  (Read 1956 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
micrsoft death
« Reply #15 on: 2 May 2004, 00:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by fireprog:
I haven't got an answer on my first question. How can we defeat Microsoft with linux. And i don't wanna use MAC

The way you formulate your question makes it very difficult for me to understand it.

Did you meant:
Can you help me to install Linux on my computer so I won't have to use Windows anymore?
or
What would the Open Source community have to do, to create Linux in such a way in which it can defeat Microsoft on the desktop market?

If you're from The Netherlands, Belgium or Surinam, please explain it to me in Dutch. English is a very limited language  

Lime

• Kudos: 0
micrsoft death
« Reply #16 on: 2 May 2004, 00:34 »
quote:
I want a OS that is stable (linux), but i think that linux isn't ready for the commercial world against microsoft. I want to find a way to run all my microsoft programms on windows (like games). The wine project isn't good enough to handle complicated games like CS. I want to convince people to use linux instead of windows and mozilla (or other) instead of IE, Openoffice.org (or other) instead of microsoft office. If we can convince people to use linux instead of windows, a whole new (opensource) market will open for alternative OS users. I'm prepared to bring as many new desktopusers to linux as possible.

quote:
I haven't got an answer on my first question. How can we defeat Microsoft with linux. And i don't wanna use MAC

You want to "beat" Microsoft, yet you want to continue to use their software. First things first. STOP USING MS SOFTWARE. Its that easy. And even though this is the Unix forum, I'm still going to recommend OSX.

Oh yeah, its Mac, not MAC.

Islamybad

IPv4 address: 172.156.194.254
Host name: AC9CC2FE.ipt.aol.com
E-mail address: [email protected]

insomnia

micrsoft death
« Reply #18 on: 2 May 2004, 18:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by Lime:

And even though this is the Unix forum, I'm still going to recommend OSX.

Oh yeah, its Mac, not MAC.

I don't.

PS: Read his first post. He's using PC and not some MAC.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
micrsoft death
« Reply #19 on: 2 May 2004, 18:53 »
Me neither. Macintosh is really only an option if you love the platform or have money to spend.

DukePuke

micrsoft death
« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2004, 20:28 »
I will be straight and i will say mac is shit. Use linux and dont confuse your head with all other OS'es

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
micrsoft death
« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2004, 21:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by DukePuke:
I will be straight and i will say mac is shit. Use linux and dont confuse your head with all other OS'es

Could you explain why? I've personally never tried Mac OS X, but I was very impressed with Mac OS 9.
Macintosh computers look very cool.

DukePuke

micrsoft death
« Reply #22 on: 2 May 2004, 22:32 »
Well actualy I dont have big experience with those cool boxes, but 5-6 years before i had some practice with some kind of macintosh in laptop. BTW i dont liked it , nothing to do with it, not much software (that was in Lithuania  and btw apple boxes was 0.01-0.1 % compared to rest). So i had just bad memories with it.  BTW even interface, and so on, lets call that this has "bad aura"

DukePuke

micrsoft death
« Reply #23 on: 2 May 2004, 22:35 »
and btw i dont have current values, dont know about mac's population in world, but in Europe (expecialy eastern) i believe its very small. Only very few people has Macs and their communities is small, no retail software, etc. And btw boxes is fuckin expensive, just stupid gayish design

solarismka

micrsoft death
« Reply #24 on: 3 May 2004, 00:53 »
quote:
I want a OS that is stable (linux),

ok.

but i think that linux isn't ready for the commercial world against microsoft.

Thats an opinion.  I find Linux has passed windows years ago!

quote:
I want to find a way to run all my microsoft programms on windows (like games).

Well there is wine, WineX and CrossOver Office to name a few.  Then there are things like VMware and such.

Or you could do it like me.  Put win2k on a really shitty box and with your l33t box connect to via VNC (tightvnc.org)

quote:
The wine project isn't good enough to handle complicated games like CS.

The wine project is a continuing bata.  If you don't want to spend your time hacking it and helping out the community then by something like WineX or CrossOver Office.

quote:
I want to convince people to use linux instead of windows and mozilla (or other) instead of IE, Openoffice.org (or other) instead of microsoft office.

Some people you will never convince.  Those are the people you can take advantage of by showing to the world how much they are like sheep.

Just point out any number of the billions of problems windows has.  Like virri, trojans, DRM, instabillity, market practices even the same problems related with every version year after year.  There is tons of info in each.

quote:
If we can convince people to use linux instead of windows, a whole new (opensource) market will open for alternative OS users.

Well, there already is.  From IBM to novell just to name a few.

quote:
I'm prepared to bring as many new desktopusers to linux as possible.[/b]

welcome to freedom computing!!!
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
micrsoft death
« Reply #25 on: 3 May 2004, 00:54 »
I don't think this looks gay at all:

insomnia

micrsoft death
« Reply #26 on: 3 May 2004, 07:28 »
Fuck Mac.
It's better than Windows but it still sucks.

Do give me a reason why I shoudn't dislike OS X.
I know it's easy, but you still have to pay to much money for it.

Please explain me why OS X doesn't suck.

Linux and *BSD are much better.
You spoiled pricks seem to think OS X can match Linux.
Do explain this.

[ May 03, 2004: Message edited by: insomnia ]

Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
micrsoft death
« Reply #27 on: 3 May 2004, 07:57 »
You should prove that OS X sucks in the first place. Or that Linux even comes close to Windows, let alone OS X.

What you just mentioned about OS X being easy is one reason OS X is much better than Linux. It's also based on an open source OS, like BSD, and runs most OSS applications available for Linux (and many more). Only the interface is not open source, and you can replace it. Furthermore, Apple is a leading innovator, and OS X gets many features that both Windoze and Linux only get years later.

I won't go into details, you'll just try to make a cheap imitation.

[ May 02, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
micrsoft death
« Reply #28 on: 3 May 2004, 21:56 »
insomnia, ur a fucking dumbass.
just say know

insomnia

micrsoft death
« Reply #29 on: 3 May 2004, 18:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:
Furthermore, Apple is a leading innovator

quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:
It's also based on an open source OS, like BSD
    Voltaire

R. Stallman