Author Topic: micrsoft death  (Read 1961 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
micrsoft death
« Reply #45 on: 6 May 2004, 00:32 »
quote:
fireprog: dit bericht is eigenlijk alleen voor refalm en insomnia.

Waarom zit iedereen Mac te promoten, ik vind dat Mac echt zuigt, het kost veel en behalve de goede grafische funcies krijg je er niets voor terug. Qua systeem durf ik zelfs te zeggen dat Windows beter is dan Mac.

Linux is nog altijd de minst bekendste maar wel de beste

Ik heb wel eens met Mac OS 9 gewerkt, en ik vond het een best goed besturingssysteem.
Maar op zich heb je best wel gelijk, een Mac is gewoon te duur voor de modale gebruiker, en het is eigenlijk populairder onder rijke yuppies, bekende Belgen/Nederlanders, kunstenaars, en (duh) Mac-fans.
Linux wordt met de dag merkbaar beter, door het Open Source model aan het systeem zelf en aan de GUI, waarbij Mac OS X alleen Open Source is bij de het systeem zelf. De wensen van de Mac gebruikers ten opzichte van de GUI komen minder snel terecht, waarbij een goed idee snel in Gnome of KDE terecht komt.
Zoals ik al een een vorige post zei, denk ik ook dat Linux, Mac OS X begint in te halen op de desktop, mede door de prijs en het feit dat het steeds gebruiksvriendelijker en beter word.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
micrsoft death
« Reply #46 on: 6 May 2004, 00:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

Ik heb wel eens met Mac OS 9 gewerkt, en ik vond het een best goed besturingssysteem.
Maar op zich heb je best wel gelijk, een Mac is gewoon te duur voor de modale gebruiker, en het is eigenlijk populairder onder rijke yuppies, bekende Belgen/Nederlanders, kunstenaars, en (duh) Mac-fans.
Linux wordt met de dag merkbaar beter, door het Open Source model aan het systeem zelf en aan de GUI, waarbij Mac OS X alleen Open Source is bij de het systeem zelf. De wensen van de Mac gebruikers ten opzichte van de GUI komen minder snel terecht, waarbij een goed idee snel in Gnome of KDE terecht komt.
Zoals ik al een een vorige post zei, denk ik ook dat Linux, Mac OS X begint in te halen op de desktop, mede door de prijs en het feit dat het steeds gebruiksvriendelijker en beter word.

I have worked with Mac OS 9, and I found it a good system. But you are very right, Macs are simply too expensive for the average user, and it is actual popular with rich yuppies, confessed belgians/Dutch, artists, and (duh) Mac-fans. Linux become with the day noticeably better, by the Open Source model to the system itself and to the GUI, where Mac OS X only Open Source at the system level. The wishes of the Mac users with respect to the GUI arrive less rapidly, where a good idea comes rapidly in Gnome or KDE rightly. As I post already previous said, I think also that Linux, Mac OS starts X on the desktop, by the price and the fact catch up with that it becomes always user-friendly and better.

Not perfect, but hey!  
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

insomnia

• Kudos: 0
micrsoft death
« Reply #47 on: 6 May 2004, 04:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by fireprog:
Het is kabel

Heb je DHCP ingeschakelt?
(Gebruik netconfig als root.)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

fireprogrammer

• http://www.fireprogrammer.be
micrsoft death
« Reply #48 on: 7 May 2004, 01:02 »
Mac is to expensive Laukev7. did you translate with wordlingo ?

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
micrsoft death
« Reply #49 on: 7 May 2004, 03:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by fireprog:
Mac is to expensive Laukev7. did you translate with wordlingo ?

No, it was my first attempt to string some words together in Dutch. I already know German, and since the words and sentence structures are very similar, I only needed to look up the words I didn't already know / recognised and cross my fingers hoping I would make sense.

insomnia

micrsoft death
« Reply #50 on: 7 May 2004, 04:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:

No, it was my first attempt to string some words together in Dutch. I already know German, and since the words and sentence structures are very similar, I only needed to look up the words I didn't already know / recognised and cross my fingers hoping I would make sense.

I'm impressed.  ;)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

yourmom

micrsoft death
« Reply #51 on: 7 May 2004, 06:49 »
Help! I use Slackware Linux (I know, really old), but my friends are way too M$ happy. I've turned 3 to Linux and/or Mac, but the others are too stubborn. They seem convinced that M$ is more stable than everything else, and I need mind-blowing evidence that it suxors to the max (they don't buy the almost complete lack of viruses, better stability, better speed, and um poweruserness that comes with Linux).

zao

micrsoft death
« Reply #52 on: 7 May 2004, 10:38 »
Install a WindowXP theme on your Slackware then let your friend explore around the desktop. If they like it, quietly say this is actually Linux you used.

DukePuke

micrsoft death
« Reply #53 on: 7 May 2004, 12:02 »
just pump 20 newest viruses in their machines, and execute them.. they will come to you crying and asking Slackware Linux CD

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
micrsoft death
« Reply #54 on: 7 May 2004, 23:08 »
quote:
zao: Install a WindowXP theme on your Slackware then let your friend explore around the desktop. If they like it, quietly say this is actually Linux you used.

Or even better, XPde. Makes Linux look like Windows XP with a lame Longhorn theme.
It even got clones of Microsoft Calculator, Microsft WordPad, etc.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
micrsoft death
« Reply #55 on: 8 May 2004, 02:14 »
why bother? if you really want windows xp, just use it. but when the world stops for a virus, and your linux box is still ticking over, they can go and suck eggs. and when they are all trying to get cracks for their 30 day crippleware, just smile inside because all your software is free and/or open source.

the inner glow this will create will make any ethically aware windoids gravitate towards you naturally.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism