Author Topic: Internet Deplorer  (Read 4787 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #60 on: 14 April 2002, 07:21 »
On my windows desktop it has my name in the address
bar. But i decided to cover it with Gimp :^)

Druid

• Kudos: 0
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #61 on: 15 April 2002, 01:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ctrl Alt Del 123:
Netscape 6.2 and possibly earlier version ALSO have Brillant Digital Software secretly install aswell, and that software is VERY BAD, here is the software installing with Kazaa, http://news.com.com/2100-1023-873181.html

This is bad.

You might want to check the date at the top of that article you linked to  

Druid

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #62 on: 15 April 2002, 10:34 »
Hmmm... are you sure it's an April fools joke? It links to other related articles written before and after April 1st.

Heck now I'm confused...

Either way, use Mozilla, it's basically what Netscape 6 should have been, and it's guaranteed to be a 100% spyware free.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #63 on: 15 April 2002, 13:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by psyjax:
Hmmm... are you sure it's an April fools joke? It links to other related articles written before and after April 1st.

Heck now I'm confused...

Either way, use Mozilla, it's basically what Netscape 6 should have been, and it's guaranteed to be a 100% spyware free.

Mmmmm i've just installed it

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #64 on: 16 April 2002, 20:06 »
quote:
Browser choice is such a heated issue. For me it mainly comes down to features. MSIE is so featureless. Opera is pretty good for features and definately excels erganomically, but Mozilla seems to be the king of functionality. I use Opera because it is so nippy and erganomic.

MxCl, i agree totally. I recommend you try lynx as well, it cuts out all the pictures, so you get an ultra fast web experience, more extreme than opera.
You're still running windows though, eh? not sure how lynx is on windows, i like it for linux, and also for mac, but the mac version ain't as good as the linux version. Maybe it's pants for windows too? well it's small and it's free, try it out, and see how you like it.

and CtrlAltDel123, why doesn't yr mum use mozilla at work instead of those huge netscapes? or is she using all the emailing and diary stuff as well? mozilla just seems much better than netscape to me!
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #65 on: 17 April 2002, 11:52 »
I love lynx, but i just disable images in Arachne for fast surfing, Arachne is faster than Opera and runs on the fastest Operating System "DOS"

foobar

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #66 on: 17 April 2002, 20:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ctrl Alt Del 123:
However... Netscape, without my choice, took over MY computer.

I'd like to see a program do that without a programmer that has both kernel code and his own software code. Internet Explorer has already taken over you computer, before you installed it.

quote:

It became the default program for HTML files, and now when I type "search stuff" in the toolbar in IE, I doesn't use google anymore, it uses Netscape Search!

:D  

I can see it in front of me, how netscape search ruins your day because it has taken over the IE search thingy. But, how funny this might be, i agree with you, netscape shouln't just take shit over like IE. But, if you want netscape not to be your default HTML browser, you shoud've said in the netscape setup, or adjust that in you preferences. Look further than your nose is tall.

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: -=f00bar=- ]

Linux user #283039

Gosh, I love Linux Quake.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #67 on: 19 April 2002, 12:45 »
I just got IE running in wine, without windows  

IE 3.0 for Win 3.1

I cant get it to use Linux TCP/IP, can anyone help there  :confused:

Ctrl Alt Del 123

Internet Deplorer
« Reply #68 on: 20 April 2002, 00:15 »
Druid, I HAVE Kazaa and IT DOES install the BDE player. The atricle is true, and yes, the software does do that. Ignore the date.

Calum, my mom has to use whatever her boss will let her use. My moms boss is VERY computer illiterate.

-=f00bar=-, I by MY choice installed Nutscrape, therefore it should atleast ask me if I want it to take over my PC. With IE I have no choice.
Also, during the setup of Nutscrape, there was no custom install, unless I was to download the full installer, which I learned later.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #69 on: 20 April 2002, 08:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
MxCl, i agree totally. I recommend you try lynx as well, it cuts out all the pictures, so you get an ultra fast web experience, more extreme than opera.
You're still running windows though, eh? not sure how lynx is on windows

Lynx is on Windows and dos try

THIS LINK But i reccomend that everyone on earth uses Linux

MxCl

• http://www.bits.bris.ac.uk/mxcl/
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #70 on: 24 April 2002, 18:27 »
quote:
You're still running windows though, eh?
Yeah, but not for long. I've been itching to try the alternatives for a while. Got my exams to worry about first and then I think I'm going Suse. I love trying out new software, I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to switch OS.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #71 on: 24 April 2002, 18:40 »
MxCl,
yep, but i would recommend dual booting, unless yr short on disk space, and even then, maybe you'd consider dual booting with maybe a win95 or something. You never know when you'll have problems in yr new OS with something you could usually do in yr old one. This problem rears it's ugly head most often when using proprietary software in laptops though!!!    :mad:  

I found out about a website where you can go and look at an online catalogue of stuff they have downloaded with their broadband connection, then you order what you want, they burn you the CDs, and you send them cost price (usually a couple of quid per CD et c.) They are in England, which suits, and they have all the latest linux distros, and BSD and i think a whole bunch of free applications too. I didn't post the link before because so many of these people won't have
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #72 on: 25 April 2002, 07:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11:
But netscape still looks better!!!

CLICK HERE AND SEE
And so does XIMIAN GNOME 1.4
CLICK HERE AND SEE!!!

But the best looking are HERE

i think mozilla looks better!
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

MxCl

• http://www.bits.bris.ac.uk/mxcl/
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #73 on: 26 April 2002, 20:32 »
quote:
I would recommend dual booting, unless yr short on disk space, and even then, maybe you'd consider dual booting with maybe a win95 or something.
Yeah, I plan on keeping a 98Lite 98SE on there, probably, and mainly so I can play all those DirectX games (I couldn't live without Diablo II  ;) ).

quote:
I found out about a website where you can go and look at an online catalogue of stuff they have downloaded with their broadband connection, then you order what you want, they burn you the CDs, and you send them cost price.[snip] I'll dig it out and post it in a new topic for people.....
Great! That would be a fantastic link, thanks.

quote:
Good luck with the exams!

Cheers. Hopefully they'll go fine, I just don't want a new OS to play with when I should be revising, so I'll treat myself to it after.  

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Internet Deplorer
« Reply #74 on: 26 April 2002, 20:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by Master of Reality:

i think mozilla looks better!

Good then