Author Topic: Which Vector linux CD to order??  (Read 770 times)

MrX

• Kudos: 0
Which Vector linux CD to order??
« on: 16 January 2005, 22:17 »
Hey guyz  its MrX !

VECTORLINUX 4.3 DELUXE EDITION.......$24.97usd (+s&h)
   Features the 2.6.7 kernel in either ide or scsi configurations. Full firewall and USB hotplugging. Unique desktop system only available with VectorLinux. Over 350 megs of additional programs available in the CD packages directory. Great choice for that pentium 133 or above. 32 megs of ram minimum 64 megs suggested for optimum gui performance. Hard drive space required 850 megs.

VECTORLINUX 3.2 SOHO EDITION.......$22.97usd (+s&h)
   Built on the 3.2 release of VL. Features the KDE-3.1 desktop along with the standard ICEWM and XFCE window managers. Kernel has been updated to version 2.4.20. The best productivity open source software on the planet is here, including OpenOffice, KOffice, AbiWord, the Gimp, Phoenix, Cups printing services and a vast array of Multimedia and Internet applications. For a complete list of applications click here. Looking for a system to make you productive in the least amount of time? SOHO edition was designed for just that ! This includes the NEWBIE user guide!! Minimum requirements 1.6gigs of Hard drive space and a pentium 233 with 64 megs of ram.

VECTORLINUX 1.8 STANDARD EDITION.........$11.97usd (+s&h)
   Released late 2000 Features the ultra stable 2.2.18 kernel This is an excellent choice for that dusty old 486 sitting in the closet. Has the XFree-3.3.6 gui and full development package. Recommend 16 megs of ram and 175 megs HD space for installation.
================
okay, i want to buy one of these things. but- im not sure which one, because the second most expensive one SOHO seems like it is better than the most expensive one...
i will be having many p-I and p-II running on these. and up to 1Ghz cpus it will run on. the ram will be no less than 64. most cpu's will be overclocked. some one wanna tell me which one to download?!

Mr X

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2005, 00:20 »
The newest one.  I doubt they would leave out all the stuff listed in the 3.2 one.  Plus kernel 2.6 is faster, and all your system appear to be able to handle VL 4.3.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2005, 03:35 »
all right thanks WMD. i just thought the the middle one would of been better since the system req. was the highest.

MrX