Author Topic: WINE Question  (Read 451 times)

Windows_SuX_@$$

• Kudos: 0
WINE Question
« on: 27 September 2003, 22:25 »
Yes, I have recently installed Linux, I tried Downloading the Game Continuum off download.com (I used to play it on windows all the time, its an online game) and I tried it in WINE and  always get error 1, I debugged WINE and I get error 1 so it won't debug.... I need somebody to tell me if I am doing something worng, or how to configure my WINE, I need something Ideot Proof because I am a noob to Linux and I don't know what I'm doing so I need easy steps... Thank You  :confused:
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

TheKnifeThrower

WINE Question
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2003, 23:29 »
To play games you probably need winex. And even if you have that it still won't work. Winex costs $15. You will have to be an honest person and pay up for it. cough...download...cough...off...the...cough...cough...ed2k...network...cough...cough

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
WINE Question
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2003, 00:06 »
what version of wine?

I got the newest from winehq.org and it runs almost everything flawlessly.

Windows_SuX_@$$

WINE Question
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2003, 00:24 »
Mine is pretty new its the newest Knoppix that came out like 3 months ago
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
WINE Question
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2003, 00:30 »
i still recommend getting the new one from winehq.org

Windows_SuX_@$$

WINE Question
« Reply #5 on: 28 September 2003, 01:48 »
I would... But I dont know how to Install it   :(

The Anti-Microsoft

• http://slashdot.org
WINE Question
« Reply #6 on: 28 September 2003, 08:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by KiDwithIsSuEs 00:
Mine is pretty new its the newest Knoppix that came out like 3 months ago

It's outdated.  Knoppix 3.3 is out.

Windows_SuX_@$$

WINE Question
« Reply #7 on: 29 September 2003, 08:43 »
oh... I'm sticking to 3.2 , It's awsome... Haven't tryed 3.3, I will get it later... I guess

Thanks for telling me