Author Topic: bzImage problem  (Read 439 times)

chris_zanf

• Kudos: 0
bzImage problem
« on: 28 February 2003, 01:34 »
Hello,

this is my first post and Im getting stuck into RH7.3 Linux on my p4 1.6Ghz box.

The problem is this......

when I configure the kernel for ntfs/vfat and my souncard (SBLive!) then compile it, build the bzImage and make modules/make modules_install all goes well.

when I cd to the kernel directory and try to

locate bzImage

nothing happens. When I try to

cp bzImage /boot/vmlinuz (after backing up my old kernel), it returns the error message of:

cp: cannot stat bzImage: no such file or directory

Can anyone help shed some light?
"Before you play two notes, learn to play one and before you play one, make sure you have a good reason for playing it" - Mark Hollis

DC

• Kudos: 0
bzImage problem
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2003, 06:10 »
It's in <linuxsource>/arch/i386/boot (where <linuxsource> is the base directory of the source tree) (you're trying to copy <linuxsource>/bzImage, which doesn't exist. Odd that locate doesn't find it though. Compiling was sucessfull, wasn't it?)

I hope light has been shed.
GS/CS d- s-: a--- C++ UL+ P+ L++>+++ E W++ N>+ o K- w-- O- M V? PS+>++ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5+ X R tv+ b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e>++++ h! r- y
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
We take a measurement, the wavefunction will collapse, and one of the bottles of beer will fall