Author Topic: Get ready for shitty cars everywhere  (Read 3131 times)

billy_gates

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
Get ready for shitty cars everywhere
« Reply #15 on: 2 January 2004, 04:12 »
OWNED by Jimmy James and sweet sweet reasoning.
The truth is that Windows isn't THAT bad, but the more important truth is that it is getting better everyday.  This cannot be said for OSX and Linux.  Specifically Linux.  Where will they reach their maximum?  Because Windows gets fewer bugs and fewer security issues and fewer BSOD's with every release.  And with every release Windows gets slightly easier for the consumer.  In this sense the linux people may actually have to start doing something to compete with windows.  Actually you HAVE to fucking do something because Linux is probably the most retartedly hard OS ever.

[ January 01, 2004: Message edited by: jeffberg: Mac Capitalist ]

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #16 on: 2 January 2004, 04:39 »
I will never let my car have Windows, ever, or any computer software, computers can fuck off. Im going to fix up a 1958 Ford Edsel, which is just badass, and im going to go around blowing up all the fucking ricers, with a rocket launcher.

Fucking computers, fuck I hate them.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #17 on: 2 January 2004, 04:51 »
I'll just take the bus, thank you.

Kupotek

• http://kupotek.dyndns.org
« Reply #18 on: 2 January 2004, 08:51 »
X11: Erudition is a gay name.       dont  waste  time posting hypocritical and worthless comments.

Everyone who  says they hate MS should have a valid reason, not something based on their own  technological lack of schooling of overcompensated ignorance.   You need hands on to know even begin to know what you are talking about.

Ive been using windows since windows95, and I may not be the most enthusiastic about windows, or where MS is going, personally, I think   it would be best of all if Microsoft put out windows barebones, and offered 3rd party software by companies who make better products be installed in their OS, as a way to help competition and the science community at large.

Windows could come as this kind of installer:

Choose your Media Player:

You may choose between these players and may pick more then 1 be installed.

1) Windows Media Player 10
2) Winamp

Choose your Mail Program:

1) Outlook Express
2) Eudora

Choose your browser:

1) Internet Explorer
2) IE with Avant
3) Mozilla
4) Mozilla Firebird

That way MS would be  helping the community.
"The only thing that is impossible is the possibility of impossibility" KittySafe Ntwrk.

Commander

• Kudos: 52
« Reply #19 on: 2 January 2004, 21:46 »
quote:

2) Winamp

1) Outlook Express
2) Eudora

Choose your browser:

1) Internet Explorer
2) IE with Avant
3) Mozilla
4) Mozilla Firebird

That way MS would be helping the community.
oh c'mon!!!!  be realistic!!!  if microsoft had ANY intension of helping the community, we would've already seen it...  and there is no CHOICE with ms.. and there never will be (then again, most ppl already know that).   billy boy there would hang and decapitate himself b4 he lets windows users 'choose' to install another browser or media player during installation.

and if windows ever gets in all the cars, i'll buy a bus pass and take the TTC!
Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)

rklesla

« Reply #20 on: 2 January 2004, 17:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuirk: I Just Want Attention:
No, that's not true. http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system4.htm

Older systems used an extra part, the section that "does the job of breaking the current to the coil", and you can bet your hat it caused you to work on your car more frequently.

You don't seem to realize something: mechanics are never "perfect." They always get screwed up in one way or another over time. Electronics minimizes this.

I don't need a website to tell me how to set the timing.  In the old days mechanics made mistakes, in the new days, computers make the mistake.  The mistakes are there.  Computers don't fix the problem, instead they create a problem and another computer has to figure out what the problem is.  This brings back the point that old cars were better to fix, mechanical mistakes were easier to point and fix.

rklesla

« Reply #21 on: 2 January 2004, 17:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by jeffberg: Mac Capitalist:
OWNED by Jimmy James and sweet sweet reasoning.
The truth is that Windows isn't THAT bad, but the more important truth is that it is getting better everyday......Because Windows gets fewer bugs and fewer security issues and fewer BSOD's with every release.  And with every release Windows gets slightly easier for the consumer.

How is windows getting better, they create more bugs than they actually fix in the previous releases.  Win2000 was a good release, but XP?  Failure?

The only way to make a quality OS (for linux & windows) is to make the OS, fix all the bugs and not ADD new features.  Every release just needs to fix bugs ONLY!  As long as OS's add features they will create more and more bugs.

quote:
Actually you HAVE to fucking do something because Linux is probably the most retartedly hard OS ever.

Linux is hard?  Is that because schools and our parents didn't train you on Linux since you were born?  Linux is hard to some people because its a new OS for them.  Someone going from Linux all there life and never touched a windows machine will think windows is the hardest OS.

billy_gates

« Reply #22 on: 2 January 2004, 23:51 »
don't buy BMW's
not only are they now ugly and look like acuras
but a lot of their systems are based off of WIndows CE.

Oh and X11, can I have your edsel
I've always wanted an Edsel

[ January 02, 2004: Message edited by: jeffberg: Mac Capitalist ]

billy_gates

« Reply #23 on: 3 January 2004, 05:44 »
there is one word to describe why linux is hard:
dependencies

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #24 on: 3 January 2004, 23:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by jeffberg: Mac Capitalist:
there is one word to describe why linux is hard:
dependencies

Well, I actually have more than one word as a reply and solution to your problem:

apt-get --> Debian GNU/Linux, Libranet, Knoppix etc

Synaptic --> RedHat, Fedora and so on

URPMI --> Mandrake...

So, unless you haven't installed a GNU/Linux distribution for a long time, then you have no excuse for saying that dependencies are still a problem  ;)

Oh, and enjoy Windows if you like it so much. You know something? I must have woken up in another Universe when the Blaster and its variants appeared a few months ago  :rolleyes:  Ah, and I promise that I won't mention the 70.000+ worms, trojans and viruses (not virii) that exist for Windows.

Have a nice day...  

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
« Reply #25 on: 4 January 2004, 03:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by Panos:
(not virii)

Burn him! (Actually, I approve of your correct spelling.)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #26 on: 4 January 2004, 11:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emiko:
X11: Erudition is a gay name.       dont  waste  time posting hypocritical and worthless comments.

Everyone who  says they hate MS should have a valid reason, not something based on their own  technological lack of schooling of overcompensated ignorance.   You need hands on to know even begin to know what you are talking about.

Ive been using windows since windows95, and I may not be the most enthusiastic about windows, or where MS is going, personally, I think   it would be best of all if Microsoft put out windows barebones, and offered 3rd party software by companies who make better products be installed in their OS, as a way to help competition and the science community at large.

2) Winamp

1) Outlook Express
2) Eudora

Choose your browser:

1) Internet Explorer
2) IE with Avant
3) Mozilla
4) Mozilla Firebird

That way MS would be  helping the community.

What, your an idiot, there holding onto billions when there are people starving, so fuck off, your the wanker, how are they helping anything?

They might be helping your land_of_the_free oppressors get rich, but there not helping anywhere else.

So go get fucked and die, you wanker.

Xeen

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: 10 April 2004, 05:05 »
Another article oiginally linked to by Canadian Lover:

http://cars.ign.com/articles/505/505123p1.html?fromint=1

zolo

« Reply #28 on: 11 April 2004, 02:23 »
Good, bad and ugly...

Micro-car Museum

solarismka

« Reply #29 on: 12 April 2004, 06:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy don't give a shit about MS:
as I believe I've said before,

some of you guys...

1) need to learn about cars

We know about cars and this is a bad step!

quote:
2) blow things way outta proportion

Oh yes, mydoom was just an imagination.  Wait this is reality   and I guess your not in it.

quote:
"Microsoft gas"? that's about the STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD.

Yes, sorry that you were too stupid to get it.

quote:
I have an idea if you don't have anything intelligent to say about MS, don't say it. I'm sick of the same 5 shitty jokes over and over.

I have even a better idea!  If YOU don't have anything intelligent to say then just don't say it and i'm sick of your shitty trolling over and over again!

quote:
I had a windows box running right beside my Macs for months. where are all these BSODs you guys talk about? where are the problems? WHERE ARE THEY?!?!

Ooooohhh you have no BSOD, luck you.  The majority of computer users say otherwize!

quote:
Where were the virii, where were the worms, where were these things that ALWAYS HAPPEN to Windows?

I guess you missed that news on 'mydoom.'  

quote:
I'll tell you where they were...

IN YOUR HEAD.

Don't know about that.  So far you have prooven to be living in your own fantasy world!

quote:
In the even that nobody's noticed, Windows 98 isn't current anymore. We aren't living in the 1990s, the Decade of Mediocrity is over now. We're now in the 2000s, it's now the Decade of Marginal Quality.

you should tell m$ that.  There still making the same mistakes  (Xpee.)

quote:
Things are improving, and improving, and improving... everything from everybody is better than ever.

Of course Linux has improved ten times over, ten times faster than windows!

quote:
I don't think I've seen MS act a fool since the start of the anti-trust trials. They're certainly not doing anything I wouldn't do. I know Red Hat, Inc would do those things if they could, as would Apple.

Xp? WMP9?  these are continued mistakes born out of m$.  If they don't get it now they'll never get it.  Like wize neather will you.

quote:
You know it's true and you know I'm right, just as I always am.

Well, I know your a fool like you always are and you always know that I at least speak th truth that you like to deny.

[ April 11, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.