Author Topic: Linux pre-installed  (Read 388 times)

creedon

• Kudos: 0
Linux pre-installed
« on: 21 May 2002, 19:44 »
Check out  http;//www.carbonlinux.com./prodline.htm
Computers with Linux PRELOADED (your choice; Mandrake, SUSE or Redhat).  Prices seem reasonable too.
I'm SERIOUS about Linux; are you??

Interscope

Linux pre-installed
« Reply #1 on: 2 June 2002, 12:57 »
OMG... Comps in the USA are cheap compared to comps in the Netherlands. Maybe because they all have windoez preinstalled, and it would just cost much more.

I'm getting a P4 1,8
256DDRRam
60gb hd
geforce 4 mx 440
windoez xploited preinstalled
next month. I don't like it. =(
It costs like 1300/1400 USD(1480EU to be exact)
Actually it's the family comp and it may not have linux installed, not even dualbooted(I think, but don't hope).

So I guess I'll have to stick to this crappy old box and get a job or something.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)

badkarma

• VIP
Linux pre-installed
« Reply #2 on: 3 June 2002, 20:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by Interscope:
OMG... Comps in the USA are cheap compared to comps in the Netherlands. Maybe because they all have windoez preinstalled, and it would just cost much more.

I'm getting a P4 1,8
256DDRRam
60gb hd
geforce 4 mx 440
windoez xploited preinstalled
next month. I don't like it. =(
It costs like 1300/1400 USD(1480EU to be exact)
Actually it's the family comp and it may not have linux installed, not even dualbooted(I think, but don't hope).

So I guess I'll have to stick to this crappy old box and get a job or something.

computer prices here in europe don't differ that much, have you checked the configs on those pc's? most of them have a crappy config and all come without a monitor...

I just got lucky cause I work as a programmer and can buy computer parts at huge discount through my employer (paid about 1200 euros for a pc which would have cost about 3000 euros if I would have bought a pre configured system with the same specs (that picture is a bit off though because it was a (pc-prive) project which made it even cheaper then normal)
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.