Author Topic: I really hope they're turned down...  (Read 675 times)

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
I really hope they're turned down...
« on: 15 September 2003, 06:53 »

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2003, 08:20 »
I totaly agree.  I can see the MPAA and IRAA jumping for joy.  If everthing is in WMP format then it would be harder to play the content, which makes it more secure right?

Oh yea, you would also not be able to play such content on, DVD's, ordinary CD players, walkmans, car starios, unless you are running M$ windows.

So, with the people who don't have computers, all of a sudden they can't play movies and/or music all because of the stupid WMP format.    :rolleyes:
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

Doctor V

« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2003, 10:50 »
How about the open source Ogg Theora format.  Alpha 2 has been released.  I really hope it takes off and is supported far and wide.

V

wargames_guru

« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2003, 03:01 »
quote:
"Nothing is free in this world, so this is clearly not a charitable act," Doherty said. "It's a way to get more and more Microsoft products out to a professional audience."

LOL, it's too bad that M$ does not have Professional Coders that can make a Product that is not full of Holes..........
Adore is useless......long live
FreakyG.

avello500

• http://www.suicidaltendencies.com/
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2003, 03:48 »
should someone post this to the anti-trust site?
it looks like they are trying to monopolize the format doesn't it?
How can you say im crazy? You wouldnt know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch.  -- mike muir/suicidal tendencies