Author Topic: Bob save us!  (Read 1218 times)

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Bob save us!
« on: 9 June 2002, 11:21 »
Well... its 2:10 AM I am watching TV and i come across 'youth television' which is really a network for little kids (i used to watch it when i was 8)... But what do I see on the TV? None other than 'The Microsoft .NET show'. Its a 2 hour show with some chinese (maybe japanese) guy talking about .NET.

Right now he is trying to explain soem things about how they can run programs on other machines. He doesnt even know what any of the acronyms mean.

quote:
It is extremely hard in programming to have multiple business transactions running at once, but what if we want business transactions to be all going off at the same time all over the place

He is now talking about XML web services. He is using an IBM laptop running winXP and is now using notepad to create an XML webservice. It is a very complicated service that allows one to add two numbers.
*this is really boring*
He is now explaining the wonders of being able to use the 'run' command to open the file in IE.
Ha! IE rendered a bit of stuff wrong on a page he went to.
According to this guy, efficiency doesnt matter.
Now he is using his amazing visual basic to make a form.

...well i think i forced myself to watch this long enough, what d'ya guys think?
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Chooco

• Kudos: 0
Bob save us!
« Reply #1 on: 9 June 2002, 12:59 »
i saw a thing like that.... there is a channel called YTV which is basically kids programs for like kids 6-14 i'd say (shows like power ranges and Are You Afraid Of The Dark?) at about 3AM there was the thing of the .NET program with some fat lady who didn't seem to have rehersed talking about the framework. she sort of studdered but it seemed like she was talking infront of one of those investor things with thousands of people.....she kept using the word "robust" and i still have no idea wtf that word means.....

what does "robust" mean?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Bob save us!
« Reply #2 on: 9 June 2002, 16:11 »
Robust... hard to explain... the best explanation is: "it is cool"

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Bob save us!
« Reply #3 on: 9 June 2002, 20:45 »
it means solid and stable. reliable, not likely to be influenced by outside/unexpected forces.

yeah right.

whatever happened to rocky and bullwinkle? why should kids put up with this drivel?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Bob save us!
« Reply #4 on: 9 June 2002, 21:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by Chooco:
i saw a thing like that.... there is a channel called YTV which is basically kids programs for like kids 6-14 i'd say (shows like power ranges and Are You Afraid Of The Dark?) at about 3AM there was the thing of the .NET program with some fat lady who didn't seem to have rehersed talking about the framework. she sort of studdered but it seemed like she was talking infront of one of those investor things with thousands of people.....she kept using the word "robust" and i still have no idea wtf that word means.....

what does "robust" mean?

thats the show i am talking about... I know that most of the people here arent Canadian so they probly havent seen it... yet.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

ravuya

• VIP
Bob save us!
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2002, 02:38 »
Why the fuck is a kid's tv channel (especially one that I grew up watching) playing fucking .NET advertisements? Little kids don't give a shit about XML webservices. Neither do preteens or stoners. Hell, I don't even give a shit about XML webservices.

This seems like a bad attempt at brainwashing kids' minds, and it shouldn't be allowed.

Feel free to visit their ass-looking website and send them some hate mail on this decision.

Chooco

Bob save us!
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2002, 05:10 »
damn that site sucks, hey is ASP one of those .NET things?
why aren't these sites in PHP instead....

iustitia

Bob save us!
« Reply #7 on: 10 June 2002, 08:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
it means solid and stable. reliable, not likely to be influenced by outside/unexpected forces.

Wait...
She accociated this word with Microsoft?
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have found the trillionth easily preventable bug in a Microsoft OS.  You have just won the privlage of being frustrated with an over priced, unreliable OS that makes you conform to its standards.  How does that make you feel?

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
Bob save us!
« Reply #8 on: 15 June 2002, 03:36 »
it also means big and ugly

sleek would be the linux word
just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

SpeeDFreaK

• Kudos: 109
Bob save us!
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2002, 11:47 »
quote:
Why the fuck is a kid's tv channel (especially one that I grew up watching) playing fucking .NET advertisements? Little kids don't give a shit about XML webservices. Neither do preteens or stoners. Hell, I don't even give a shit about XML webservices.

You answered your own question in your post. It's so they can get it into their heads now, and if they ever have to deal with it later in life, they'll pick MS over the competition. Pretty soon, they will be playing ads for kids saying "Bill Gates is your friend...he didn't do anything wrong...you love windows..."
"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side."  --Bill Hicks

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
Bob save us!
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2002, 12:09 »
sad but true, when i was like ten i was over my friend house, he had a mac and we were messing with websites and i asked him what serves us the website, he then said unix/linux. for about a year or two i wondered what the fuck unix/linux was, then i learned that linux is unix and unix is cool/*its short definition, don't make me pull posix compliance on you   :D  */ and that windows sucks. so shit affects you when your little.
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

TB

Bob save us!
« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2002, 16:19 »
Am I the only one who sees a more sinister motive behind all this? That is, that microsoft is brainwashing the next generation of windows users?