Author Topic: music, video & photos  (Read 680 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
music, video & photos
« on: 18 December 2002, 21:15 »
i have a few questions about redhat (or any distro for that matter). first off, i have a digital camera, can i take photos of off it in redhat, and is it easy to do. can i just plug it in and it will see the camera?? the same for digitalVideo camera. if i had one that is   :(   . can i use my scanner? as for media players, what would be THE choice player, something that plays music, video, and dvd. it would also be cool if it supported dynamic & static playlists.
the reason im asking is that my mac is dead (very very sad) and i really dont want to use windows any more than i have to. if i could move all my music and etc.. to linux till i get a new g4 (happy, very happy) that would kick ass.
thanks...

[ December 18, 2002: Message edited by: Xyle: Mac Commando ]

pkd_lives

• Kudos: 0
music, video & photos
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2002, 21:59 »
Scanners .. ohh can be very nasty. Is really really dependant on manufacturer, and type.

Media player - Xmms does good audio (like winamp). Mplayer is very good for all media and can play DVDs, although it fails for me. For other video media there is also Xine and for DVDs OGLE is also very good. Take you pick. If you choose Mplayer as, you should, then read the how to very very carefully, and really read it through.

Digital Camera - Never heard anything about this, although I don't think there is a problem, after all connection to PDAs is possible.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
music, video & photos
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2002, 22:23 »
As mentioned Scanners are tricky. If you have an Epson you have a great chance. Cameras would also depend on the make/model you have although there is quite a list that work. Look under "Graphics">"Digital Camera Tool" on the menu (gtkam). There is a pull down list of cameras that you can choose from. Ogle would probably be your best choice for playing DVDs an MPlayer is a great media player for most everything else as also mentioned.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...