Author Topic: You have to admit that, from a hardware support point of view, Linux still sucks.  (Read 2187 times)

emh

• Kudos: 0
quote:
Originally posted by M505:
You're right, Windows sucks hardware wise because the one pc you tried it on didn't work.

That makes sense indeed.    :rolleyes:  

Well, you're saying Linux sucks because it didn't work with one particular video card.  I don't see the difference between that statement and Doctor V's statement.

[changing subject]
I will assure you, the problem of an unsupported video card is extremely rare in Linux.  Virtually any other video card that works in your computer will work in Linux, and give you the functionality you need.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
the difference is that if a card doesn't work in windows, even though you installed the drivers and rebooted it's the fault of the card manufacturer, while if a card doesn't work in linux, even though you didn't install any drivers and haven't had to reboot, then it is entirely linux's fault.

this makes perfect sense, ask any windoid. try mo5d5o5summd5 or whatever his godsdamn name is.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

blackphiber

• http://blackphiber.no-ip.org
Calum, everyone knows your right, so don't worry about it.  I must be one of the lucky ones, everyone seems to be saying new stuff will not work in Linux, well I got myself a nifty new printer (it's @ my dads house so don't ask for the model # is some HP photosmart) just came out, I set it up and it worked, Linux detected it.  Of course HP said it would not work in Linux, stupid stupid people...  The funny thing is I have like 2 printers each about 5 years old, neither of those worked.  It's probably just luck.  And no, I did not read the whole thread, I read enough though...

spencerpi

You talk about free and your ip addresses are logged here.

Where's the sense in that ?

spencerpi

And another thing : some html code was posted in the forums here which crashes IE.

It does crash IE indeed, why do you not implement it on this site ?

No sense in that either.

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
Because whan an MS user comes in here tired of MS, and is greeted with a crashed browser, he's likely to not come back to learn about Linux.

Doctor V

quote:

quote:
And another thing : some html code was posted in the forums here which crashes IE.

No sense in that either.

Why do you come here and post nonsense?

No sense in that.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
this m505 loser really is grasping at straws. shame to be such a knobend, i suppose some people are used to simply talking shit in a loud voice to get what they want.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
quote:

I never had a problem with that. After all, this is a UBB feature.

quote:

No sense in that either.

I don't believe that HTML is allowed here and even if it were, then I would still not post it and scare people away.

That aside, your posts have lost every bit of coherence and you my friend have stopped making any sense.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
quote:

Gee, I wonder if you even thought that one up or just copied it from the feedback page on FMS!

If you actually used your little noodle to write such an angry message, feel free to read the first reply on this here page--I belive it applies to you very well.

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
No it does not suck when it comes to driver support..

I have everything working in my computer
Yeah

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
quote:
Originally posted by bazoukas:
No it does not suck when it comes to driver support..

I have everything working in my computer

Well... can't argue with that.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
quote:
Originally posted by fett101:

Well... can't argue with that.

Quick! Say something bad about his mom before he notices!

BLauritson

I only read your post in the thread you linked to there Calum, and from what I've read, it sounds like Linux is much better than Windows. You gave a good argument also   . I'm thinking of transferring to Linux, but I'm going to do some research beofre I make any quick decisions  
BLauritson

baggab

Well, I'm out of the woods.  Got my onboard sound card and my Geforce4 card working under RH 8.0.  The sound card was harder (flaky documentation from VIA.)  I wouldn't have figured it out with out help from my local LUG.

When I downloaded the 52 page readme from Nvidia I took a two week break, but it wasn't necessary.  I got it working in an hour.

One more brick in the Linux castle!

[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: baggab ]