Author Topic: PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE.....GROUP PROJECT?  (Read 3023 times)

creedon

• Kudos: 0
PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE.....GROUP PROJECT?
« Reply #75 on: 10 August 2002, 22:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleeping Dog:
P.S.  Our collective thanks to Creedon who is providing the OS CD's.  His efforts, energies and resources are greatly appreciated!

Sleeping Dog

Gratefully acknowledged, many thanks!!
I'm SERIOUS about Linux; are you??

creedon

« Reply #76 on: 12 August 2002, 05:36 »
WHEW!!!  What a weekend!  Between CD_rom drives that shit the bed, mowing my lawn, giving my dog a bath (not easy; he HATES baths) and re-evaluating (and re-burning) the Debian CD's, I'm completely WHIPPED; but I got EVERYTHING done!  I'm sending out a set of Debian 3.0 Woody that's all set to boot and install;they'll be on their way tomorrow morning.  I feel pretty good; the discs are done, my lawns mowed, and my dog DIDN'T bite me.  Now I can go to work tomrrow and rest up.

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
« Reply #77 on: 12 August 2002, 05:41 »
i was reading somewhere on the winehq site that the software you want to get working will probably work. check it out at www.winehq.com i think
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

Sleeping Dog

« Reply #78 on: 12 August 2002, 17:08 »
Thank you for the article reference.  I am sure that we will need several such references as the project progresses.

Have a Great Week

Sleeping Dog

Sleeping Dog

« Reply #79 on: 15 August 2002, 07:04 »
Greetings All!

I have been assured that the OS in on it's way here via U.S. SnailMail.  When it arrives, we can get loaded (and you know how much fun that is).  Looks like we will soon be back on roll again.

Keep Smilin'

Sleeping Dog

Sleeping Dog

« Reply #80 on: 16 August 2002, 03:42 »
One small piece of bad news.  The Calcomp 1044 Plotter seems to be down.  It freezes up when turned in with the "Turret init...." statement in the message window and will not initialize.  If anyone knows where I can get an OEM service manual for this thing, I would surely appreciate the reference.

In the meantime, when we do the install, AutoCad 13 can be set to plot to a printer using the AutoCad ADI driver.  I just got my hands on an Epson Stylus Color 600 that should fit the bill nicely.  It should also work with PhotoShop.

B.G.T.I.F.
(Be Glad Tomorrow Is Friday)

Sleeping Dog

choasforages

• VIP
« Reply #81 on: 16 August 2002, 03:45 »
but tommaror is one day closer to having to go back to high school. as for the plotter, i don't know anything. as for the printer it should be supported.

Sleeping Dog

« Reply #82 on: 16 August 2002, 06:18 »
Don't feel too bad, Choasf.....

Most of the pre-college folks around here started back this week....or will on Monday.

The remainder of us who are not in, avoided or beyond college, are already in year-round school.  I think that they called it "the rest of our lives."

So being that the rest of my life is seeming to be so much like school, I am not looking forward to "Graduation".

Cheers and Chuckles

Sleeping Dog

Sleeping Dog

« Reply #83 on: 25 August 2002, 03:16 »
Sorry I have been out of touch.  Work has kept me away from the forums.

The project is still on line and will proceed when the OS arrives.  There have also been some family issues that have taken precedent (family ALWAYS comes first).

We should have this thing rockin' again very shortly.

Thanks for the patience.

Sleeping Dog

creedon

« Reply #84 on: 25 August 2002, 03:57 »
Sorry about the delay; I've got the same excuse- family prob's.  At this point, I've got some temporary breathing room (the situation I've got has stabilized, but it won't last).  The CD's finally went out Thur., express mail; they SHOULD arrive Mon.  Then the fun begins!!
Thanks for being patient all, I'm hoping to be able to participate fully, but I have a family situation that's going to require some intense concentration and some traveling when it resolves.  If I'm not available for a few days, I apologize

Sleeping Dog

« Reply #85 on: 29 August 2002, 05:06 »
Got home from work this evening and guess what?

The Snail-Mail Fairy left a box at my door containing LibraNet and all of the Debian/Woody CD's!

Thanks go out to Creedon for burning and sending this for the project.  I know that he has been dealing with some family issues, and the fact that he has taken the time under the circumstances to make this contribution is greatly appreciated.

Due to work, I will be unavailable to do the load until this weekend.  I will try to post my availability a day or two in advance so that as many of you as possible who are contributing can be in the forum as I "Stuff The Box".

Again....I am following your leads with the purpose in mind of running Pro apps under LINUX.

We're back in business, babydoll.

Cheers and Servesas

Sleeping Dog

creedon

« Reply #86 on: 29 August 2002, 20:06 »
I'm going to make myself available as much as possible.  I'll keep my Debian/Libranet install up, and if you run into a snag, maybe I'll be able to give you support right from the avalable help files.  Debian is particularly helpful as far as documentation goes, but the sheer volume can be overwhelming.  My SUGGESTION is a minimal install of Libranet; it's less difficult, and you end up with kernel 2.4.16.  I might even suggest (for the moment) not configuring Xwindow; that's just one less hurdle to jump, that's another reason I'm suggesting Libranet for a base; the adminmenu application that Libranet has can be used at the command line, just log in as root and cd to /usr/bin then ./adminmenu, and you can setup X with a fairly easy ncurses menu.  Let's see if we can whip this puppy into shape, I think if we just sneak up on it, everything will fall into place.  Re-installing is a pain in the ass.

Sleeping Dog

« Reply #87 on: 6 September 2002, 05:28 »
Well, Boys and Girls.......I'm back.  Have been down with a severe bug.  No solid food from Monday until today, but I can finally eat again and am beginning to feel like a human being.  If Hell is anything like this bug has been, I'm going to be very, very good from now on.

I PLAN TO DO THE OS LOAD FOR THE PROXY BOX LATE THIS COMING SUNDAY AFTERNOON.  I will post an exact time on Saturday so that interested parties can attend.

Cheers and Beers

Sleeping Dog

choasforages

• VIP
« Reply #88 on: 6 September 2002, 05:56 »
hell is that henbaro/*however you spell that hot as fucking hell peper*/ that i ate for a dollar or so. now for libranet, yeah, don't fark with X yet, thier are easyer ways of doing it then they lead onto. as for wine, i might acrtally try codeweavers wine, winex cvs, or homecompiled wine. iv probably said it before but owell,

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #89 on: 6 September 2002, 06:01 »
habenero peppers arent that hot... they may be 15000 times hotter than a jalepeno, but still it isnt that hot for the hottest pepper in the world (the jalepeno on some hot scale is at 25,000... the Red Savina Habenero is 300,000)
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'