Author Topic: Free Speech  (Read 625 times)

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
Free Speech
« Reply #15 on: 13 August 2002, 08:36 »
this is not about tolerance.  this is about free speech.  we read their posts, then we call them cocksucking assholes.

hehehehehehhehehehhh..... and wether you want to read that or not it is posted, because that is my right!  we can convince them to fuck off, but intul this becomes a club they have every right to post here and become targest of our flacid, unused testosterone factories.

furthermore, about freedom of speech... where do ya think this website lives?

and on top of that, i HAVE THE RIGHT to post a recipe for a bomb on here (i have before) and i still am waiting for the ATF (the waco guys) to come crashing through the roof....  waiting......

oh wait... i have freedom of speech.

this is really a moot point, because even those in china lucky enough to have unrestricted access to the net are able to make posts to here.  the internet is (for best or for worse) the place where this right is exercised and strengthened these days.

not to call the post moot, i am glad this has elicited such avid responses... i just think that freedom of speech is granted on the web, de facto.

for thier stupidity and bad smell, i would miss *rrs* and xplooser -if they were banned- else i may be forced to beat grandma with the garden hose.

$5 a minute to beat grandma, btw... errrrrrrrrr

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: sporkme / bob ]

just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

creedon

• Kudos: 0
Free Speech
« Reply #16 on: 13 August 2002, 19:38 »
Good points, everyone.  I'd just like t add that I'm not avocating banning ANYONE; as far as I'm concerned, they can say whatever they want.  All I'm saying is that it makes the Linux community look bad when a Linux user responds to a troll, who's only looking for a reaction anyway (I think that a lot of them would choose their words more carefuly if they were in arms reach!!).  Ignore the blatant trolls; some of the rabid MS supporters even have valid points; if you respond reasonably to someone who's ranting about something legitimate, you may get them to try Linux; after all, isn't our goal World Domination of the Proletariat? (WEAK joke!)  Let's give ourselves (AND our blood pressure) a break; just blow the trolling assholes off (YOU know who you are!!)  Think about how much more help we can give to people who are genuinely interested in Linux.  Maybe there's a ptential Linux Chickee out there who looks at this site and says to herself "Wow, that's abunch of real jerks, I guess I won't post there!!"  Kinda puts a different perspective on things HUH?
I'm SERIOUS about Linux; are you??

dbl221

• Kudos: 0
Free Speech
« Reply #17 on: 13 August 2002, 22:44 »
I agree the only thing to do is not respond to XP-Luser
and his kind.  Otherwise the forum just looks childish.
dbl221***Comp-Sys walking wounded