Author Topic: Nividia driver Vectorlinux 3.2  (Read 400 times)

crm

• Kudos: 0
    • http://crm.oh2600.org
Nividia driver Vectorlinux 3.2
« on: 21 February 2003, 04:37 »
I am trying to install the Nvidia drivers for my TNT2/m64 pci under vectolinux 3.2 but when i try to compile the kernel driver i get this error
Code: [Select]
whats wrong?

DC

« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2003, 22:17 »
quote:
You appear to be compiling the NVIDIA kernel module with  
a compiler different from the one that was used to compile
the running kernel.

Really, it's clear on what is wrong.

Anyway, you could try the IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH thing (I guess that's an option for ./configure), I don't think that'll hurt (if that doesn't work right you know why). Or find out what compiler was used to compile the kernel and use that for the drivers. Or compile a new kernel and use the same to compile the drivers.

Hmm, this is actually very obvious and pretty much in the error message you gave. Not to mention that the README-file has a paragraph on this exact message...
GS/CS d- s-: a--- C++ UL+ P+ L++>+++ E W++ N>+ o K- w-- O- M V? PS+>++ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5+ X R tv+ b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e>++++ h! r- y
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
We take a measurement, the wavefunction will collapse, and one of the bottles of beer will fall

crm

• http://crm.oh2600.org
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2003, 07:09 »
sorry about the bad question   :(   but i allredy tried the  IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH thing and it didnt work. gess ill just have to compile a new kernel   ;)   every other time i tried to compile a new kernel it never works maybe this time it will.

DC

« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2003, 16:33 »
Well, allright then.

Here can be found a kernel HOWTO in case the kernel compiling doesn't work (disregard chapter 2, it's a quick guide that is *too* quick).
Note that actually installing the kernel isn't discussed in too great a detail. In any case, make sure your current kernel remains on your system and make sure you can reach it from LILO's/GRUB's/your boot manager of choice's menu (in case anything goes wrong).
GS/CS d- s-: a--- C++ UL+ P+ L++>+++ E W++ N>+ o K- w-- O- M V? PS+>++ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5+ X R tv+ b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e>++++ h! r- y
We take a measurement, the wavefunction will collapse, and one of the bottles of beer will fall