Author Topic: RedHat sues SCO  (Read 2663 times)

slvadcjelli42

• Kudos: 0
RedHat sues SCO
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2003, 04:08 »
SuSE too? Wow, this is really escalating. Well, on one side it is   :D  Oh, and you'd be proud, suselinux, I downloaded and ran a "live-eval" version of SuSE... I gotta say I was very impressed, I think I'll try the real thing sometime in the near future. I hope it comes with the tools and things redhat has, though, I'll have to look into that... I'm really starting to like those...

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
RedHat sues SCO
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2003, 05:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Gently:
SuSE too? Wow, this is really escalating. Well, on one side it is    :D   Oh, and you'd be proud, suselinux, I downloaded and ran a "live-eval" version of SuSE... I gotta say I was very impressed, I think I'll try the real thing sometime in the near future. I hope it comes with the tools and things redhat has, though, I'll have to look into that... I'm really starting to like those...

You'll find SuSE carries alot more stuff than REDHAT because its a commercial distro it comes with some non GPL stuff.  including MP3 capability  :D  

lots of video editing stuff and so on

suselinux

RedHat sues SCO
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2003, 05:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Gently:
SuSE too? Wow, this is really escalating. Well, on one side it is     :D    Oh, and you'd be proud, suselinux, I downloaded and ran a "live-eval" version of SuSE... I gotta say I was very impressed, I think I'll try the real thing sometime in the near future. I hope it comes with the tools and things redhat has, though, I'll have to look into that... I'm really starting to like those...

You'll find SuSE carries alot more stuff than REDHAT because its a commercial distro it comes with some non GPL stuff.  including MP3 capability   :D   and it's German so copyrights aren't as much of a problem

lots of video editing stuff and so on

I think Mandrake is right up there with SuSE, so if you don't want to buy SuSE download mandrake 9.1

Red Hat say they are a user friendly Distro, but I don't think they are.

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: suselinux ]

slvadcjelli42

RedHat sues SCO
« Reply #18 on: 12 August 2003, 06:29 »
Ah, I see! Thanks. I ordered some CD's from TuxCDs.com, Knoppix and Redhat (or XXX XXX, hahaha) but the redhat one doesn't work   :(  I think I'll try downloading another distro until I get that figured out, but can't I download SuSE as well as Mandrake? (I'm apparently downloading a CD image to install SuSE right now, although I guess I could be missing something  :D  )

suselinux

RedHat sues SCO
« Reply #19 on: 29 August 2003, 21:58 »
SCO says that they will not sue Linux Companies

IE RED HAT

web page

jasonlane

• http://www.root10.net
RedHat sues SCO
« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2003, 16:20 »
WHAT!!!!!!!

I wish they'd make up their minds....oh and stop lying all the fucking time.
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
RedHat sues SCO
« Reply #21 on: 30 August 2003, 11:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by suselinux:
SCO says that they will not sue Linux Companies

I can't open that particular URL but I read another one on slashdot.  I belive SCO's words were that they had no concrete plans to sue linux companies.

Which of course means nothing.  SCO says one thing and does a 180 later.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....