Author Topic: fucking pawn shop  (Read 662 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
fucking pawn shop
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2003, 16:07 »
personally i would start it at 200 and let them bid up*, let the auction go for 10 days rather than 7, and don't tell people you built it yourself. also play down the whole windows linux thing. just stick linux on, include any windows drivers CDs you have and let them figure it out once they've got hold of it.

and that's not cruel, i think you're doing them a favour personally.

just my thoughts, not sure if they help at all.

*it's my experience that a thing tends to sell for a higher price if the starting price is higher, but that if you don't leave a decent amount of room for bidding then nobody bids at all
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
fucking pawn shop
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2003, 16:48 »
better?

by the way you wouldn't happen to be looking for a computer would you    ;)

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Stryker ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
fucking pawn shop
« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2003, 18:24 »
well actually i could do with a computer like that, but what with me being in england and not having any room to put it in anyway, that kind of knocks it on the head.

also don't take me at my word, that's just what i would do if i was listing this. also, not so sure about the please take it bit, people think there's something wrong with it if you appear too eager to get rid of it.

remember you are selling mainly confidence in the product, rather then the product itself. think what sort of things you'd want to read in the advert if you were looking to buy a computer of this sort yourself.

look sorry, i'm getting all whiny and pretentious, sorry to butt in like this. the best of luck to you in selling it anyway.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism