Author Topic: More proof of M$hit's "thrustworthy computing"  (Read 953 times)

Scotty

• Kudos: 0
More proof of M$hit's "thrustworthy computing"
« on: 12 April 2002, 10:23 »
I tried hard to come up with nasty signature but I can't think any at this hour so I just say that m$ can go to hell for all I care.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2002, 12:05 »
Why do people put up with this shit?

Being an Apple fan, I still don't understand why people don't go for the alternatives. This search program sounds like an evil version of Apple's Sherlock 2.

M$ constantly proves that it is the most untrustworthy and decitefull company in the world.

God help us all.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2002, 18:02 »
The answer, use linux it can be as friendly and more usefull than windows. And nothing owns linux, so nothing will get your details.

[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: X11 ]

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2002, 16:27 »
Perhaps the people at Redmond are paranoid to the core and likes to know about other people
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2002, 11:37 »
There just a bunch of Cyber perverts at RedMond

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2002, 19:57 »
the point of spyware is rarely, contrary to what some naysayers would have us believe, about spying on individuals.

Mainly it is about gathering statistics and selling the resultant percentages and tables of preferences to third parties.
This means that the second party (in this case M$) gets the money, not the first party (you the user).

Not good, but even if you don't care about that (i am addressing those naysayers, you know who you are) the whole fact of any of your details being linked with any of your other details, ip address, your shopping habits, credit card number, date of birth, passport number, telephone number, postcode, whatever, will make it far easier for someone to make your life hell, morally or immorally, legally or illegally.

THAT is why i disagree so strongly with the "you must have something to hide if you want privacy" crowd.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #6 on: 16 April 2002, 22:36 »
Furthermore how can anyone be so complacent to just sit back and have people collect data on them so they can build marketing profiles. You think SPAM and telephone solisitors is bad, wait till M$ knows every detail of your life.

This isn't like a survey on the phone, or your credit card company selling your shoping info (which they do all the time, because of this I use my card only in emergencys), this is like someone coming in to your house and taking notes on all of your habits so he can sell you something more effectively. If you don't feel like a cow being milked I don't know when you will.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #7 on: 17 April 2002, 11:48 »
Im not completely paranoid, but i still be vary weary about things. I dont use Internet Explorer because Microsoft like looking in your underpants. I use Mozilla In windows and Linux now 0.99