Author Topic: SCO starts suing Linux users  (Read 1040 times)

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
SCO starts suing Linux users
« Reply #15 on: 9 March 2004, 02:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by BaDDaSS[Mandrake]:

That part particularly interested me    
I hope that SCO's lawsuits fall through, and not only that, i hope that IBM turn around and say "hey, wassat all about, innit!" and sue them in return.

more lawsuits are never a good thing
just say know

mael

• Kudos: 0
SCO starts suing Linux users
« Reply #16 on: 10 March 2004, 05:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by M. O'Brien:

Darwin is based on the MACH+BSD kernel.  It would be non-trivial to throw away the kernel and write an effective replacement from scratch.

I could be wrong, but I think he was joking.  Kinda like, change the display, keep the underlying BSD code, tell everyone you made one from scratch-- hence no one is the wiser.

Anyway, this striked me as being funny:

"If Linux does illegally contain SCO's copyrighted code, the company could have a copyright infringement case against Linux users, because users inevitably copy software when they use computers, says Jeffrey Neuberger, a partner with Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner LLP, who has been following the case."If you buy something preinstalled on your hard drive, you're making a copy of that by installing your software into RAM,"he says."
Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.