Author Topic: Need Media Player  (Read 810 times)

Doctor V

• Kudos: 0
Need Media Player
« Reply #15 on: 25 October 2002, 06:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by void main:
You have to make sure the plugin goes into the right directory. On my RedHat 8.0 system that directory is "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins". Hmmm, I just downloaded the tar.gz file and unwrapped it, it does say that the file included with that package should be named /etc/pluggerrc-4.0, however on my system it needs to be "/etc/pluggerrc" (I installed it from RPM). Maybe it really needs to be "/etc/pluggerrc" (without the "-4.0").

Did you mention which Linux distro you are using? I didn't see that anywhere. If you are using an RPM based distro, try the RPM.

[ October 23, 2002: Message edited by: void main ]

I'm using Mandrake 9.0.  I tried using the RPM, but even that didn't work.  Neither did changing the name of pluggerrc-4.0 to pluggerrc.  I've tried quite a few different things now.  MPlayer has worked perfectly, and I'm very impressed with it, and certainly not going to give up.  I'll continue searching for answers monday as I'm not going to have any more time until then.

Thank you very much for the assisstance,

V

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Need Media Player
« Reply #16 on: 25 October 2002, 08:43 »
Maybe it's the new version of Mozilla that you are using. I know you mentioned you were using 1.2a. I'm downloading Mozilla 1.2b now (with xft support). Will let you know if maybe the newer release might be causing the problem.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Need Media Player
« Reply #17 on: 25 October 2002, 21:39 »
Nope, 1.2b works fine with Plugger. Hmmm...

Side note: Don't think I like the xft version of Mozilla 1.2b though. It does make the fonts look better in mozilla itself but I don't like the fonts in the rendered web pages so I went ahead and installed the "vanilla" version. This might only look ugly in RedHat 8 though. They managed to screw up the TT fonts in Konqueror so the xft version might be better on other distros... I'm to lazy to figure out how to make it look better. Anyway, "looks" aren't a big issue with me, "works" is.

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: void main ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...