Author Topic: one more time: Question for Linux User  (Read 883 times)

rkmaster27

• Kudos: 0
one more time: Question for Linux User
« on: 17 December 2003, 02:01 »
I asked once, but the morons deleted it

Linux User... in response to a thread that I had a short while back, you posted a link to a very nice X11-compatible display layer. I said it looked very good and should be used in place of X11... Stryker expressed an interest in X11 alternatives for CalyptOS. If you could post that link again, it'd be nice

now, to you morons, this is Jimmy James. xeen hacked rmaster's password and I stole his account

i will not fuck any "cunts" up, however I will be rather displesed at the moderators who delete this.

[ December 26, 2003: Message edited by: X11: I can write here. ]

COLONEL LONGDORK OF THE HIT TELEVISION SERIAL MOUNT BOREDMORE

SAJChurchey

• http://sajchurchey.htmlplanet.com
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2003, 01:39 »
I will not delete the posts of others ever just because they are disrespectful. As it is my choice to come here and read posts.

[ December 26, 2003: Message edited by: X11: I can write here. ]

SAJChurchey                    

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2003, 04:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by SAJChurchey:
Using that kind of disrespect, I'd delete it if I could biaatch.

You are out of the loop here. There is no disrespect. His thread was deleted for no reason by a mod who didnt "agree" with him. So before you go tooting your own horn, maybe catch up on some of the forum drama biaatch

[ December 22, 2003: Message edited by: Ecsyle_one ]

rkmaster27

« Reply #3 on: 23 December 2003, 04:23 »
fuck off, asslick.

I had announced several days before that me and xeen had stolen this account and that I would use it.

the post was OBVIOUSLY not a troll

but it was deleted. why don't you fuck off you shiteating cunt?
COLONEL LONGDORK OF THE HIT TELEVISION SERIAL MOUNT BOREDMORE

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2003, 03:43 »
I agree, dont just delete posts you disagree with. I will try my best to make sure this doesnt happen in this section.

Personally I have no problems with X11, however I do think some things have issues, however X11 has advantages over many other systems, like me being able to run XTerms off my other computers and stuff. And to run ethereal off my firewall, etc.

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2003, 16:24 »
Ah, now I get it! I just posted a question about 'why bin xeen' in the Lounge, in response to X11's thread. Sorry, but I've been gone for quite some time  :D

Now, to Jimmy's question. Jimmy, I honestly don't know. I mean, I am aware that there are commercial X servers out there, as alternatives to the Xfree86 one, but I don't know of any Free layers, sorry  :(

The Xfree86 development team, is really slow at developing drivers etc, resulting in total incompatibility between newer graphics chipsets and versions of Xfree86.

Furthermore, their 3D acceleration support sucks, but of course we all know that. However, based on the X Windows system, it is really powerful from another point of view.

Well, that's about it. I'll keep you posted if/when I have anything to add  ;)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2003, 17:07 »
If you run an apple your probably dont knowung what its like to be a homie on the hood nuff saud.