Operating Systems > macOS

An interesting question

(1/8) > >>

slave:
I have a question.  If Apple controlled 95% of the desktop computer market share, and Microsoft controlled 5%, would you be on Apple's side or Microsoft's?  Also, which company do you believe would be the worse monopoly?  Microsoft wasn't always a monopoly, you know.  Apple used to have a pretty big market share.

choasforages:
another good question. it depends, on whether that if apple had 95% if they would abuse the computer market such as microsoft does currently. currently apple is doing a good job with there open source initative, however since the fact that apple sells its own hardware. one of the reasons that they sell there hard ware is  becuase macos is ppc based and there is only one other company which sells consumer based ppc products that i know of
terrasoftsolutions
 however if apple had 95 percent of the market they would probably cease to sell as much of there own hardware. and yes microsoft wasn't always a monopoly, ibm let them wiggle out from there controll

voidmain:
I don't believe it would have any bearing on how I felt toward either company.  I would still use Linux primarily and M$ software would still suck.

Master of Reality:
I'm pretty sure that if MS had 5% market share that it would be gone within minutes.

slave:
Well, MS used to have 5 percent a long time ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version