Author Topic: The Macintosh Revolution  (Read 1783 times)

Macman

• Kudos: 0
    • http://macrevolution.cjb.net
The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #15 on: 26 March 2002, 13:38 »
Calum, i have to ask, what did you sit on? Get some counseling, man.

I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I admit, Microsoft does not directly make hardware.

However, it does employ other companies to make its hardware, so i guess i wasnt "way off".

Some of you people are very angry and seem to delight in taking it out on me. I'm not sure i understand why. Perhaps the truth and my genius are just too hard to accept so you lash out.

"The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%."

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #16 on: 26 March 2002, 13:43 »
truth and genius, huh?

okay, well i just didn't like yr attitude.
you seemed very holier than thou in yr first few posts, and i was just in a flaming kind of mood.

I'll stop insulting you now, if you like  :D  but i was just a bit pissed off at this whole feeling of "i know better than you guys" that i got from yr posts.

Maybe i'm making it up, but that was the impression i got.

Sorry if i offended unjustly, but it doesn't sound like yr offended so that's okay (i reckon people should be able to take a good bit of offence anyway!).

Alright, welcome to the fold, Macman, but i'm still not too sure about all this 'mikie' and 'so long as you're using a mac i don't care' stuff
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #17 on: 26 March 2002, 16:39 »
I guess over zelous newbies are going to have to endure this kind of hazing from you Calum  :D .

I admit, it was very entertaining. And macman, seriously, you got good intentions but do a bit more research.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #18 on: 26 March 2002, 18:50 »
with regard to my words to macmoron above. i take it all back. you have plumbed the depths of shitheadedness, macmoron, by posting this.

Go and have a look people at what this fuckwad little kid has to say about me and Gonusto.
What a little turd.
I hope i meet you one day, macmoron, when you're all grown up and you need to hire somebody with a real OS to finish off the work you started on a mac, because by that time i'll be the next bill gates, and i'll be able to tell you to go and fuck yrself (no change there then, eh?).

(to any offended macusers out there, sorry, i know, i know, i would rather swim in pirhanha infested waters than be the next bill gates, and there's actually nothing wrong with macs, but i just wanted to say something offensive to this little prick...)

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

Macman

The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #19 on: 27 March 2002, 21:08 »
*sigh*

i really dont want to argue with you. I thought you had finally finished this obsession you have with putting me down. And what do you expect me to write in the other topic? My statements werent half as rude as yours!
Let me get this straight: you can flame me and put me down all you want, but if i get mad back im at fault. Yes, people, take a look at what i wrote and ask yourself if im really to blame here.

Gonusto

The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #20 on: 27 March 2002, 10:37 »
quote:
Yes, people, take a look at what i wrote and ask yourself if im really to blame here.
You're the one who started the flaming by using the term "pc losers" (yes, I know it was your *attempt* to be witty).  Notice how the other people in the other thread who used that term got flamed as well?  You shouldn't be surprised then that your flagrant use of the term got you the same treatment it got others.

quote:
Macman said this here:
i have nothing against Linux or Unix (they are os x's cousins, after all) but in my eyes using any PC at all will probably help M$ in some way.
So what do you suggest that the majority of computer users do?  Stop using PCs and hand Macintosh a more powerful monopoly than Microsoft has?  I have nothing against Macs, but there would be less competition than there already is if everyone threw their PCs out the window (no pun intended) and only used Macintosh.

-Gonusto

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: Gonusto ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #21 on: 27 March 2002, 13:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman:
*sigh*

i really dont want to argue with you. I thought you had finally finished this obsession you have with putting me down. And what do you expect me to write in the other topic? My statements werent half as rude as yours!
Let me get this straight: you can flame me and put me down all you want, but if i get mad back im at fault. Yes, people, take a look at what i wrote and ask yourself if im really to blame here.

you are a delusioned fuckwit with a warped outlook on the world. your comments make no sense. you told me you thought i should be run over and until you take it back and apologise i will hold you in the contempt you deserve. very simple.

Macman

The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #22 on: 28 March 2002, 13:00 »
I feel like a frikkin polotician

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
The Macintosh Revolution
« Reply #23 on: 28 March 2002, 14:04 »
well you can't have one  :D

just to keep this topic up to date for the casual reader, i think macman and i have patched up our differences as much as is possible in the "MacMan's History of Evolution" topic, i hope we have anyway, we shall see.