Author Topic: What to do when you got a G5 as a present but you're not a Mac fan?  (Read 1467 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Just rip out all that G5 junk and put in a real processor, like an Athlon XP (nah, just kidding).

I found this interesting link:

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/  (Dutch)

Too bad he's still using an inferior operating system though...

[ January 29, 2004: Message edited by: Refalm ]

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Disgusting.

solarflare

• Kudos: 0
Or how to ruin a groundbreaking piece of state of the art technology.

Sacrilidge!!

The guy should be shot for what he's done to that machine.

Mistshadow

quote:
What to do when you got a G5 as a present but you're not a Mac fan?  

Give it to me. I'll even pay for shipping.   :D
"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around, I'd rather lie around. No contest." - Eric Clapton

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
This fucker took out the G5 stuff (worth more than that MicroATX shit) just because he "liked the case" and "isn't a Mac user?"  :mad:

He practically had the MS eradication finished...but, no.  :rolleyes:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

mushrooomprince

• Kudos: 55
FUck. What a loser I'm going to lose sleep over this.

I can't believe that asshole took hundreds of dollars of state of the art technology and practically destroyed them.
All your base are belong to us.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
This is the most horrible thing I have ever heard!

OMFG!!!

That guy is a fucking retard! Didn't he realize he could have sold the G5 for tons of cash and baught himself the dell he wanted?

Jeezus, if anyone needs to be ass raped, it's this guy!   :eek:    :eek:    :eek:
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
quote:
Originally posted by psyjax: plain 'ol psyjax:
This is the most horrible thing I have ever heard!

OMFG!!!

That guy is a fucking retard! Didn't he realize he could have sold the G5 for tons of cash and baught himself the dell he wanted?

Jeezus, if anyone needs to be ass raped, it's this guy!    :eek:      :eek:      :eek:  

well he had to make his parents think he had a g5

regardless, what a dipshit
just say know

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
He got that G5 for christmas????   I would be absolutely thrilled if someone GAVE me a G5.  What a fucking retard.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

restin256

• http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
Wow, what's that link you posted? People are hanging their testicles, or threatenning to at least, just because of something they found online?

Nothing's worth losing sleep over.

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2004, 06:25 »
I just read it was a joke. He just bought the case and fabricated a lie about how he got the G5 for christmas. Look at his site. Maybe it says something about it there.
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
« Reply #11 on: 1 February 2004, 05:44 »
You mac users are so sad. You are going to lose sleep because someone took something they owned and made it the way they liked it. If someone gave me a mac, I'd format Mac OS X and install linux the smae day. I would probably keep the hardware though.
Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #12 on: 1 February 2004, 10:16 »
I don't give a shit. some dude gained from it.

I hate the shitty green light, but other than that, it's cool

but you would be a fool to get rid of OS X and put linux on there.

you ARE AWARE that no matter how good it gets, Linux is inferior to OS X... DON'T YOU?

you'll not get drag-and-drop installs in Linux

you'll not get Quartz

you'll get shitty package managers

you'll get X11

we all know about that... or do I need to remind us all?    :D      ;)            :D  

don't bother arguing, I've already won because I'm a badass and I pwned you already by responding and saying that you're wrong.

so if you've got something to say, just don't say it. save yourself the pain and embarassment of me having to punk you down

I'm right and you're wrong

I hate people, get outta here

[ February 01, 2004: Message edited by: jimmyjames.sytes.net ]

Go the fuck ~

restin256

• http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
« Reply #13 on: 1 February 2004, 16:43 »
Do you enjoy futilly trying to piss people off? Macintosh is in it for the money too, that means it doesn't matter what kind of OS they lead - they still want to be king of the world just as much as M$.

No OS is really inferior, exept for maybe Windows. They all have their ups and downs.

Claris

• Kudos: 109
    • http://hompage.mac.com/neonsoldierx/PhotoAlbum3.html
« Reply #14 on: 2 February 2004, 01:23 »
I would get worked up and join the argument, if it wasn't just a hoax:

quote:

"I have been feeling a little guilty about causing so many people out there to have nightmares, depression and sickness from my little joke. The reaction of people word wide has blown me away. I never intended for such a thing to happen.

My in box went from 1% to 100% in 2 days (1300 messages). So many people were pointing out what a stupid thing to do, so many people were telling me of feeling sick, some even said they cried. I felt bad for those people. It was amusing to read things like "I should be hung by my testicles and lit on fire" or the constant reference to "Taking a Porsche and replacing the engine with a KIAs". Most people cried out in horror and carefully pointed out the error of doing such a silly thing.

I am sure you are wondering why this all took place.

Are the pictures real? Yes.
Is it my own G5 case that has been cut and hacked? Yes.
Did I give away two G5 2GHz processors (IBM PC 970)? No!
So what happened?

I got a free G5 shell from a buddy of mine and pulled a prank on a Mac loving friend. He got so upset. I wrote up a little story, my imagination and warped sense of humor kicked in. I sent it to OC.com just to see the reaction. I honestly didn't think it was going to be posted. I cannot believe how fast or how far it has spread on the internet. There are an amazing number of people who are emotionally attached to inanimate objects such as computers. Mac fans seem to be much worse that I ever expected. The G5 is amazing, I would never dream of really doing that  ;)

Andy - G5 Killer"

Haha... you got trolled.
Windows: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.