Author Topic: Are you a gamer thinking about switching from PC to Mac? Have a look at this.  (Read 1988 times)

choasmaster

• Kudos: 0
go fsck your brain
id rather be on fire then use windoze

x86, a hack on a hack of a hack
alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

trc3

• http://www.sk8mafia4life.com
quote:
Originally posted by * Red Ranger Software * / Blob:  I believe this says all: Better Flash Player for Macintosh Petition

On that petition their was 888 signatures, 887 of witch were probably *Red Ranger Shitware*/blob himself and the other one was WindowsXP User #123456789666 but he only signed because the c0ckcrew made him or they wouldnt let him join their elite crew... Also, I've never had any problems with FlashMX on my mac with 10.1.5.

the_black_angel

I'm sorry to say i have to agree on this on flash runs at half speed on my machine and no matter what i do it won't speed up. You don't need flash - it just annoying
--
The Black Angel

trc3

• http://www.sk8mafia4life.com
quote:
 I'm sorry to say i have to agree on this on flash runs at half speed on my machine and no matter what i do it won't speed up. You don't need flash - it just annoying

Just wondering what is it that runs slow? When you watch things in flash or when working in Flash? Or both, cause I use FlashMX quite a bit and havnt had many problems with it. The one thing i have noticed though is its much slower at is importing a .mov but after exporting it as a .swf the quality looks much beter on a mac...

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Ya. Im not quite sure what the deal with speed is.

I mean, maybe some flash runs faster in windows or something, but to tell you the truth I see little diffrence. Back in my Newgrounds days I used to wast time at my schools comp. lab looking at movies. They had Wintel boxes and Mac's both connected to the net.

I used whatever was available and never noticed any significant speed diffrence. So what exactly is the diffrence?
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

choasmaster

dude, still, a macintosh does have great support of blizzard's games, and like the hardware that a mac is running, i bet the graphics in warcraftIII kicks the pc's graphics ass

alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
More than Blizzard, just go to Apple and look up games. You'll get a pretty comprehensive list.

No, we don't have the slew of games the PC does. But we got a whole lot, and a whole lot of good ones at that.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
there are plenty of games for mac

go buy an $box if you want friggin games

puleeeeze  it is a computer
just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

choasmaster

i know, and i already have an xbox thank you. im just saying that the macs architecture would be great for games, it kicks ass for real world work,

alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
maybe mac should tap into the console world?
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
Another intresting thing is that some relativly old macs can run warcraft III decently, but on a PC it has to be pretty new.

choasmaster

a hacked out 9500 definitly could, i heard that such a thing a dual g4 upgrade card exists for such machines, a dual processor 9500, i already have a boner

alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way