Author Topic: RealPC was vaporware  (Read 703 times)

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
RealPC was vaporware
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2003, 02:39 »
Please don't link to salon anymore. their shitty subscriptions piss me off
Go the fuck ~

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
RealPC was vaporware
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2003, 02:49 »
Yeah, Salon is not a good place if you hate ads and commercials. No more, you have my word.  
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

billy_gates

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
RealPC was vaporware
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2003, 07:00 »
what a fucking surprise.... Did you guys actually think a Company would try to compete with Microsoft?  That is a losing battle.  I have used great software.  Like Ecco.  That they just cut off when MS released Outlook cus they knew they couldn't compete.

Ecco still works on my win xp and 2k machines.  Even though the last update was over 6 years ago.  (I think its 6 now)  That is an example of damn good programming.

P.S.

quote:
Then, on Aug. 19, the Sobig e-mail virus -- the one responsible for all those messages from friends exhorting you to check out a purportedly wicked screensaver -- began shooting through in boxes. The virus, which only infects Windows machines, has been around before; its first incarnation, Sobig-A, appeared in January. But for reasons that are somewhat unclear, the current version, Sobig-F, has spread at an extraordinary rate -- according to some experts, it's the fastest-replicating virus of all time.

I must have gotten like 30 of these sobig emails in my inbox.  Good thing I run OSX.

[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: jeffberg: Mac Capitalist ]