Author Topic: Bad taste, Awesome ad campaign  (Read 688 times)

Claris

• Kudos: 109
    • http://hompage.mac.com/neonsoldierx/PhotoAlbum3.html
Bad taste, Awesome ad campaign
« on: 26 October 2003, 02:07 »
I know you all wanted to see video clips of some twisted TV ad, but unfortunately it doesn't exist. This is just an idea I got.

Windows users remind me of women who won't leave their abusive husbands. You know the type... the ones you had to watch videos about in Health class, who date guys who beat them and threaten them and all that bullshit.

Instead of substance-induced rage, Windows abuses users with spyware and anti-trust marketing schemes. But still, they don't switch, from finicial reasons (macs are too expensive) or because they're afraid to change over... windows still does some things well, and it's too much of a hassle to pick a new one, move all your stuff, get settled in, and get out of this bad relati... I mean, computer.

So Apple's new ad campaign should list all of the bullshit Windows does, like transmits your personal info to Microsoft and attacts its browser to your OS, and then have a dramatic little comparison to domestic abuse, because except for the bruises, it's not that different.
Windows: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2003, 03:26 »
Good idea. You should send it to Apple and have the guys at their ad department look at it.
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2003, 07:00 »
I like the idea, but unfortunately the commercials that sell the best these days are mindless ones where stupid people watching WWE can get the general gist in a few seconds. I think it could be done, but it would have to be done right.

Another idea would be to have a woman talking about how she was abused and have it seem like she was talking about an abusive relationship and then make it apparent that she's talking about Windows when she starts to break into tears about how she was bribed with software and forced to use a piece of crap. Then at the end she say, "But now I'm using Mac," and have the other people in the circle congratulate her.

[ October 25, 2003: Message edited by: Macman: Has twice Laukev7's posts ]