Author Topic: Macs RULE!!!  (Read 984 times)

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Macs RULE!!!
« on: 5 February 2002, 05:56 »
I have been running OS X for like a month now. At first I hated it... but now I can't get enugh!!!!

It's amazing! It's sooooo solid it''s sick!!!

I love Apple and I love Mac's!!!!

YAY!

Just had to get that off my chest.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

ravuya

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
Macs RULE!!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2002, 04:16 »
An interesting side note... I had been doing a comparison article between the iMac 600 (with OS X) and a Pentium III 600 (with XP) to show how there is truly a megahertz myth.

Anyways, I scrubbed the article, but kept all the notes I had been taking. Of interest were the "Serious Crashes And Exceptions" tally... Mac OS X: 1 (due to a voltage jump when I did something weird with USB, whoops!)... Windows XP: 53

I guess Windows XP really <i>is</i> their most stable OS yet. I'm impressed.

psyjax

• VIP
Macs RULE!!!
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2002, 07:19 »
As of yet I have not experienced any problems with OSX... maybe it was the version your running because I hot swap USB stuff all the time off of my machine.

Im runing 10.1.2

In fact the only time I had a semblance of  a crash was when I was programing and comitted a grave memory management error. All this did was cause the comp to freeze up for a sec. and boot me from CodeWarrior.

In any case. OS X is a hell of a lot nicer to use, dosn't spy on you, actually acts as thogh it likes you, looks cool as hell, is incredibly powerfull on both high and low levels, is incredibly secure, and IMHO it is the most stable thing I have ever run.

I have used lots of Wintell crap just shy of XP. (i.e. Windows 3.1 thru 2000, and Windows NT) and none of them compare to OS X. I used XP for a few hours on my friends comp. and colden't take that circuse freak interface.

Maybe it is slightly more stable. But the difrence in stability is at best negligable. I'd rather support Apple who actually want to make good products and treat their customers fairly than support Microcrap.

So in closing...

Macs rule!!!

psyjax

• VIP
Macs RULE!!!
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2002, 07:33 »
LOL.... ok Im a dumbass... I realize now that the higher score is NOT a good thing  

My bad. Disregard my other post... or not. Ther's some good stuff there. Whatever.

Sorry!