Author Topic: iTunes for Windows!!  (Read 2141 times)

Windows_SuX_@$$

• Kudos: 0
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #15 on: 17 October 2003, 08:15 »
True it is a CPU Hog so I went into services and DIsabled the Ipod thing   :D  

I love it and it fixes auto volume adjustment so all qualityswill be same volume... It's GREAT and looks nice! (I also like that quiktime can stream downloadable media) I give iTunes a 5/5

Best Windows Prog. Made! on the list right before AIM...  
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #16 on: 17 October 2003, 08:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by KiDwithIsSuEs 00:
True it is a CPU Hog so I went into services and DIsabled the Ipod thing.

I did that right as soon as I saw there was an iPod service. I still don't thik that it should install an iPod service and the iTunes helper(goes with the iPod service) by default. It should only install the service if you have iPod drivers installed on your computer.

1 thing I noticed about it. Apple did a good job with the scroll bar(s). IT works exactly how it does in OSX. If you notice, when you move the scrollbar it isn't a solid image that moves with the scrollbar. When you move the scrollbar it is like a looking glass moving(it is hard to explain really, pay attention when you move a scrollbar and you'll see what I mean).

[ October 16, 2003: Message edited by: Viper ]

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #17 on: 17 October 2003, 08:58 »
Doh! My CPU's Hyperthreading got disabled and the onboard sound got enabled somehow(even though I'm using the an Audigy 2)! I wonder how that happened? :confused : . It must've happened when I flashed my BIOS yesterday even though I didn't clear the CMOS. I just enabled HT and disabled the onboard sound and now the CPU usage is staying low. Now if I could figure out a way to make this bastard use less Ram.

I'll say that I like the iTunes visualizations.

[ October 17, 2003: Message edited by: Viper ]

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #18 on: 17 October 2003, 10:06 »
HT or no, it is a bit of a hog...

I wonder why it uses so much system resources...

oh well. I like it 'cos now I can stream my iTunes playlist to ALL my machines
Go the fuck ~

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #19 on: 17 October 2003, 14:22 »
I take that back, it's done scanning and it takes 80% of my 450 MHz CPU. I'm sorry Mac fans, but a media player is supposed to take a heck of a lot less CPU percentage.

Winamp adn Noatun and have the same features as iTunes (sound fx/enhancements, volume control, playlists, visualisations, searching for a particular media file) and take 10% of my CPU at maximum.

When I play UT 2003, I want some Slipknot and Cradle Of Filth in the background (agressive music makes me play better). Image doing that with iTunes in the background. I'd only have 20% of my CPU for the game. Fuck that.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #20 on: 17 October 2003, 18:34 »
I have an Athlon 1800. It works fine on my computer. I noticed that for some reason, the CPU usage varies for each song. I converted a MIDI file to AAC, and noticed that the MIDI file consumes 15-20% CPU, whereas the AAC only takes 02%.

Try converting your mp3 files to AAC and comparing the CPU usage, just for kicks.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • The Lord of Thyme
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #21 on: 17 October 2003, 19:11 »
my roommate, and everybody I've introduced to it so far are hooked. they all LOVE the ability to share playlists over networks without having to d/l the files.

IT IS A STROKE OF GENIUS AND THE END FOR THE RIAA WILL COME SOON. IF IT DOES NOT I WILL HAVE TO DESTROY THEM ON MY OWN AND YOU ALL WILL BE THERE AT MY SIDE!

COME! FIGHT FOR THE EMPIRE ON THE SIDE OF RIGHT!
Go the fuck ~

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #22 on: 18 October 2003, 23:43 »
I just talked to my brother at Ohio State University. Apparantly tons of people with windows are getting it and sharing has increased like crazy (although it can't share over the college's entire network, only the dorm's subnet). It's also the RIAA's worst nightmare, 1000 people packed together in a dorm, sharing music over the network, abe to easily find each other and get whatever songs they want.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • The Lord of Thyme
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #23 on: 19 October 2003, 00:19 »
iTunes doesn't share.

it streams across the network. no files ever move. the only thing those shitsucking hollywood asslickers can fucking bitch about is that people aren't paying their webcasting fee.

FUCK YOU, YOU MOTHERFUCKING GODFORSAKEN RECORD INDUSTRY SODOMITES. I HOPE YOU ALL BURN UP SLOWLY SO THAT PEOPLE CAN TEAR YOUR CHARRED CORPSES APART BY DRAGGING THEM DOWN THE STREETS TRIUMPHANTLY BEHIND THEIR CARS. DIE YOU WORTHLESS BASTARDS DIE. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE. IF YOU DON'T THEN I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF.

IT WILL BE A GREAT DAY FOR MANKIND WHEN YOU ALL FUCK OFF AND DIE OF INFECTIONS YOU RECEIVE FROM EATING YOUR OWN SHIT.

If you share this view, join me, and your hate will make you powerful. Welcome to the Dark Side of the Force.

but no, iTunes doesn't share files.

[ October 18, 2003: Message edited by: Darth Jimmy James ]

Go the fuck ~

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #24 on: 19 October 2003, 04:27 »
jimmy.  Your not entireley correct.  The Mac users can take advantage of this "sharing" with an app called iLeech.  You connect to any iTunes, and download songs.  Over a network it would be really fast.  And it can autodetect with rendezvous.  But the best part is people don't even know.  Unlike P2P where people purposefully share stuff, here you are doing it almost invisibly.  The only way to tell is that you count as 2 users if your connected with itunes and iLeech.  So if they go into some network monitor, and see that the same IP is connected to them twice throug the same port, then they could figure it out.  Although highly unlikely that they will be looking so hard.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • The Lord of Thyme
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #25 on: 19 October 2003, 05:59 »
wow

interesting
Go the fuck ~

Windows_SuX_@$$

iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #26 on: 19 October 2003, 07:21 »
Its good after you disable that store button , the ipod service, the itunes helpper service, and taken off those dumb radio buttons and make it fit for you, I like it, Vever nice GUI to it also
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #27 on: 19 October 2003, 08:07 »
No, I meant that people go share each others music, try them out, and can easily find the other person so that they can transfer the music files for the songs. I realize how the system works.

raptor

• Kudos: 56
    • http://calyptos.com
iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #28 on: 20 October 2003, 01:17 »
I liked the statement: "Hell Froze Over" ;

[ October 19, 2003: Message edited by: raptor ]

"in a world without fences, who needs gates?"

slvadcjelli42

iTunes for Windows!!
« Reply #29 on: 20 October 2003, 03:24 »
iLeech! LMAO. great name. Anyway, I tried it on 2000... it's pretty and all, but they're right, it DOES take up a lot of resources (relatively that is), and what's with those services?? kinda stupid to be turned on by default. I have to say, though, I'd rather use this than windows media player... I'm avoiding that like the plague, even more so as time goes on.