Author Topic: iTunes for Windows?  (Read 1825 times)

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #30 on: 1 May 2003, 21:40 »
ps. Zombie, I was dooing some googling on this HighMAT and it sounded interesting.
I found this article:
http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/18594.html

This line  
quote:
HighMAT, the digital media playback technology developed by Microsoft and Matsushita (Panasonic)

Came to my attention.
It is no suprise for Microsoft to support a format they are are partner of surely?
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #31 on: 2 May 2003, 13:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by Faust:
You call yourself an audiophile and you use a dodgy bose "out of the box" speaker setup hooked up to (ack! computer based amps! eew!)  bose make good speakers but out of the box man, wrong!  Oh and the comp amps do make a big difference in bass quality and audio quality - they make it worse.  The "better" sound you're hearing is distort.  What you want is some $200+ headphones with a horizontal frequency response graph from 20 to 20k hertz, then you have decent sound!  That said at least an audigy is better than the crap onboards i assumed you were using.  BTW creative make free software drivers for all their sound products and you're using them.  Does that make you feel dirty?     :D    

>The problem is, there are not many HighMAT
>compatible CD players out yet.
So they're useless like I thought?

LoL, onboard sound? Are you insane man? I bet my computer is better than most of computers you cheap mother fuckers have. Heh, Lets just say that a 3.06ghz P4 w/HT support, a motherboard supports HT, a SB Audigy 2 Platinum Ex, GeForce 4 Ti4800(getting ready to upgrade it to a GeForce FX Ultra 5800 when the noise issues with this card are resolved), 120GB SATA(Serial ATA) 8MB buffer hard drive is way better than those cheap ass Athlon/Via chipset and the i810 w/intergrated graphics, etc. systems that you guys have.

I'm willing to bet that my setup can handidly beat pretty much any Mac on the market too. It is ashame, I just got this shit and it is already going to be obsolete soon with the interduction of the 800mhz(200mhz quad pumped) FSB P4 w/Intel Canterwood chipset. Oh well, I'll probably upgrade again when the P4's hit near 4ghz.

Heck, my fucking CPU costed more than some of your guys' entire systems. Shit, my sound card costed about as much as those shitty little Linux boxes that Walmart sells for $200(to satisfy you idiots).  :rolleyes:

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #32 on: 2 May 2003, 16:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:

LoL, onboard sound? Are you insane man? I bet my computer is better than most of computers you cheap mother fuckers have. Heh, Lets just say that a 3.06ghz P4 w/HT support, a motherboard supports HT, a SB Audigy 2 Platinum Ex, GeForce 4 Ti4800(getting ready to upgrade it to a GeForce FX Ultra 5800 when the noise issues with this card are resolved), 120GB SATA(Serial ATA) 8MB buffer hard drive is way better than those cheap ass Athlon/Via chipset and the i810 w/intergrated graphics, etc. systems that you guys have.

I'm willing to bet that my setup can handidly beat pretty much any Mac on the market too. It is ashame, I just got this shit and it is already going to be obsolete soon with the interduction of the 800mhz(200mhz quad pumped) FSB P4 w/Intel Canterwood chipset. Oh well, I'll probably upgrade again when the P4's hit near 4ghz.

Heck, my fucking CPU costed more than some of your guys' entire systems. Shit, my sound card costed about as much as those shitty little Linux boxes that Walmart sells for $200(to satisfy you idiots).   :rolleyes:  

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #33 on: 2 May 2003, 20:35 »
quote:

..I bet my computer is better than most of computers you cheap mother fuckers have...

...I'm willing to bet that my setup can handidly beat pretty much any Mac on the market too....

Heck, my fucking CPU costed more than some of your guys' entire systems. Shit, my sound card costed about as much as those shitty little Linux boxes that Walmart sells for $200(to satisfy you idiots).   :rolleyes:  

taking the bait- not all of us are cheap mother fuckers, so watch the baseless accusations of our financial standings. i for one spend alot of money on computers, & software. alot of the times i do not need to because "free" software will do the job just fine (linux = server = happy ecsyle). as for your setup beating any mac on the market. cool. yay. let us rejoice in the fact that your computer can do an operation a few seconds faster than my dual g4. wow. i mean. wow man. lets throw interface & ease of use, and STABILITY right out the window and base our decisions on a single components speed alone. that is the way to make expensive decisions. anyways. i bet my memory alone cost more than your entire setup  :rolleyes:  
whatever. what is this thread about?? oh yeah. iTunes kicks ass. i have not used a better music player. ever. i can finally get rid of music match at work & use a quality music player    . and fuck windows media player 9. i would never use that shit. my freind jeya installed it one afternoon and after he restarted, the printer wouldnt work and explorer crashed when he moved the mouse. not to mention the eula. "please agree to let us in to your machine, do not worry, we are microsoft, and only want whats best for you, the sucker, i mean customer". fuck that.

Zombie9920

iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #34 on: 2 May 2003, 20:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by ecsyle:

taking the bait- not all of us are cheap mother fuckers, so watch the baseless accusations of our financial standings. i for one spend alot of money on computers, & software. alot of the times i do not need to because "free" software will do the job just fine (linux = server = happy ecsyle). as for your setup beating any mac on the market. cool. yay. let us rejoice in the fact that your computer can do an operation a few seconds faster than my dual g4. wow. i mean. wow man. lets throw interface & ease of use, and STABILITY right out the window and base our decisions on a single components speed alone. that is the way to make expensive decisions. anyways. i bet my memory alone cost more than your entire setup    :rolleyes:    
whatever. what is this thread about?? oh yeah. iTunes kicks ass. i have not used a better music player. ever. i can finally get rid of music match at work & use a quality music player        . and fuck windows media player 9. i would never use that shit. my freind jeya installed it one afternoon and after he restarted, the printer wouldnt work and explorer crashed when he moved the mouse. not to mention the eula. "please agree to let us in to your machine, do not worry, we are microsoft, and only want whats best for you, the sucker, i mean customer". fuck that.

Well, lets see. Who made accusations about financial stuff first? None other than the dude who said that I use cheap onboard sound.  :rolleyes:   Now back into the real world, I personally don't care how nice and fast or how slow and trashy your computers are. Speed isn't everything. A computer is tool and as long as you can get what you need to do done with your system the computer has served it's sole purpouse. A computer isn't like a status symbol. ;P

To X11,

You are nothing more than a immature, gay, 12 year old troll. Even alot of your fellow MES peers say that you are so I'm not even going to be bothered by you. Be gone troll.  

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #35 on: 2 May 2003, 20:58 »
quote:

Well, lets see. Who made accusations about financial stuff first? None other than the dude who said that I use cheap onboard sound.   :rolleyes:    Now back into the real world, I personally don't care how nice and fast or how slow and trashy your computers are. Speed isn't everything. A computer is tool and as long as you can get what you need to do done with your system the computer has served it's sole purpouse. A computer isn't like a status symbol. ;P

To X11,

You are nothing more than a immature, gay, 12 year old troll. Even alot of your fellow MES peers say that you are so I'm not even going to be bothered by you. Be gone troll.      

oh, you're right. you werent the first.

youre right, a computer is a tool. and i can get more done on a mac than a pc. so the mac is a better tool for me. end of story.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #36 on: 2 May 2003, 21:23 »
On an unrelated note. Glad to have you back Zombie448787

Things have been slow around here. We needed some good flame bait  :D

Seriously, you allways get peoples tempers riald which improves the quality of the threads IMHO. Keep up the good work!
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Faust

• Kudos: 0
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #37 on: 2 May 2003, 21:51 »
quote:
That said at least an audigy is better than the crap onboards i assumed you were using

Note assumed as in past tense?  Assumed meaning "used to, but have now changed opinion?"

It's a nice computer - but it could be better!

A :-- only one processor?  A dual (or quad) processor would own the arse out of hyperthreading anyday.  And what OS takes advantage of Symetric Multi Processing more effeciently?

B:Bah, geforce.  If you have the drivers get a radeon for petes sake, it's better than a GF4 and it doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner.

C:Whats the rpm on that HDD?

D:SCSI. RAID. RAID arrays in Linux are the way to go.  I'll bet my RAID array beats your serial ATA hands down.   :D  

Yeah it does kick the crap out of my computer all up.  But jesus why waste however much you spent on something that's really just a big fancy box?  There are better things to buy!  Once you reach a certain level you can run 95% of the games out there, and really that's all the perfomance is used for in a desktop so why the fuck bother tripling the price to get faster when for me my computers already fast enough?  I would rather buy a book, cd or go to a movie man, you're wasting cash here.  I mean-
>>>A computer isn't like a status symbol.

>>>i bet my memory alone cost more than your entire setup
What is it with you people?!?!?  This isnt something to be proud of! Stop wasting your money!

quote:
A computer is tool and as long as you can get what you need to do done with your system the computer has served it's sole purpouse.

Finally! Some sense!

The above said, WMP9 still sucks.  Read that EULA yet?  The interface still sucks, it does lots of crap that really isn't that interesting and every media player out there kicks its arse.  (well most... definitely not including real one player which i *despise*.)

I _still_ believe that there is no computer program out there that can match the audio quality of a hardware amplifier.  This is why people buy hardware amps...

>>If Apple does port iTunes to Windows isn't
>>that like a kick to the balls of Apple
>>loyalists?
>Oh, I'm sure Microsoft would make mTunes for
>the Mac if it existed(just like they do WMP,
>IE, Office, etc.).
SO you're sure MS would port their software to mac which in your own words is analogous to a "kick in the balls for Windows loyalists?"   ;)  

quote:
re:xine-you've never used it anyway so how would you know?

care to answer?      

I'm not cheap, and neither are you.  We just feel like spending money on different things.

PS:I didn't intend to call you cheap, but i apologize if you felt that way zombie.  You're posts are appreciated a lot.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Faust ]

Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #38 on: 3 May 2003, 00:40 »
mplayer for video (it even plays quicktime)
xmms for audio

what else do you need?

mplayer has the superior interface: a window with the video in it, with no buttons, and everything is controlled by keyboard (i.e., spacebar to pause)

radeon == the suck (the linux drivers are crapola)

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #39 on: 3 May 2003, 03:16 »
What surprises me most, is the length of your replies to Zombie. I mean, you guys must really have a lot of free time in your hands to just reply to him. What can I say?

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #40 on: 3 May 2003, 23:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by Panos:
What surprises me most, is the length of your replies to Zombie. I mean, you guys must really have a lot of free time in your hands to just reply to him. What can I say?

I havn't seen him say anything retared in months.
(apart from his advocacy of WMP9)
Maybe he's got tired of being a clown - something which some others around here (not you panos) should perhaps consider.

Back to something (a little) on-topic, what the hell do you use all that PC muscle for zombie?
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Zombie9920

iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #41 on: 4 May 2003, 05:19 »
Games.

I am always working(the job is like a home away from home)...but I do get some occasional free time. I figure that I have the right to act like a kid(play video games) to escape from the harsh, serious real world sometimes. The several hundreds of dollars that I drop into this thing for upgrades is a small price to pay to enjoy my gaming. I do not enjoy a game if I feel it is running sluggish, so naturally I try to avoid sluggishness. ;P

To the guy who said something about get a Radeon instead of a GeForce FX.....Nahhh, I had bad experiences with the Radeon 9700 Pro(shitty, unstable and unreliable drivers) I purchased a few months ago. I had issues with the Radeon 8500 a long time ago too. So no more ATI for me. What is the point of having a faster card if it doesn't run games long enough for you to enjoy the speed?

I used the money from the returned card and bought a GF4 Ti4200 to hold me off until the FX came out. The FX was delayed for so long that I finally decided to buy a Ti4800. The FX 5800 is out now but it supposedly loud so I didn't rush out to buy one(besides, the Ti4800 already plays my games just fine), however Nvidia is redesigning the FX(and the new revision will be called NV35). If the NV35 doesn't have the noise issue I will buy one, if not I'll stick to the Ti4800.

If you think I'm pulling NV35 rumours out of my ass.

Article
NV35: Goodbye to the Dustbuster
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9285

[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #42 on: 4 May 2003, 11:48 »
Oh yes, I agree that the Tk56-700-f and UV147-PPR are completely sluggish and that the 78-k4596 is the ultimate video card on the market. However, I do disagree with your that the 678SE-2000 and the mega-98-TTT Deluxe Asseon is very good for gaming because its graphics chip was built especially to load googa-plexy megaflorps. Yeah, I'm pretty happy just using a standard 86 gazillion with my 42-50 Excelleon 3.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #43 on: 4 May 2003, 13:31 »
quote:

To X11,

Zombie at his new web design job...

Zombie9920

iTunes for Windows?
« Reply #44 on: 4 May 2003, 13:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11:

Zombie at his new web design job...

Riiiight!  :rolleyes:

As I already said. I'm not even going to be bothered by you and I am not going to start a pointless flame war because of you.  ;)