Author Topic: Changing file type...  (Read 608 times)

TheGreatPoo

• Kudos: 0
Changing file type...
« on: 29 January 2003, 23:26 »
I wanted to take a pic of my Mac Desktop (OS 9.1) and post it on a message board in one of those "Post your desktop!!!!!11" threads.  I took the picture but the file type is "Simple Text Document".  How can I transfer this file to JPEG or JPG without Photoshop?

Thanx in advance to anyone who can help!  
When Bill Gates throws you a curve ball, hit him in his jewels with the bat!

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Changing file type...
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2003, 00:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatPoo: Mac Commando:
I wanted to take a pic of my Mac Desktop (OS 9.1) and post it on a message board in one of those "Post your desktop!!!!!11" threads.  I took the picture but the file type is "Simple Text Document".  How can I transfer this file to JPEG or JPG without Photoshop?

Thanx in advance to anyone who can help!    

There is an old utility called filetyper which will type the file for you.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

TheGreatPoo

Changing file type...
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2003, 01:01 »
I'll check Version Tracker and downloads.com.  I do plan on getting Photoshop in the future but I just wanted to post these pics for now until I do.

Thanx!
When Bill Gates throws you a curve ball, hit him in his jewels with the bat!

cocoamix

Changing file type...
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2003, 01:27 »
I'm not sure if simply changing the file type and creator codes will work. You actually need to re-export the image. Preview in OS X and Picture Viewer for OS 9 will do that. I am not sure if you need a Quicktime Pro key do do it though.
Graphic Converter is actually a great tool for stuff like that, and cheaper than Photoshop by about $500   .