Author Topic: How to install Qt/Mac Version 3.1.2 on OS X  (Read 422 times)

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
How to install Qt/Mac Version 3.1.2 on OS X
« on: 25 June 2003, 16:50 »
One of the members at promote-opensource.org (Glanz), has posted a nice tutorial, on how to install the newly released Qt libraries for OS X. Unfortunately, and since no binary packages are yet available, this process involves a lot of compiling (about an hour or so) and a good knowledge of the BSD subsystem.

Those of you who feel ready to take up on this "challenge", make sure you read Glanz's tutorial VERY carefully, as well as the comments that accompany the article.

If everything goes well, you should be able to install KDE, without having to install X11 first. Thus KDE will run natively on OS X.

You might ask yourselves why you should go into all that trouble. Well, my answer to that is that you don't have to follow this, admittedly, painstaiking process. However, if you have a small "hacker" hiding inside you, you could give it a try.    ;)  

EDIT: Just so that I don't get misunderstood. Installing the Qt libraries is just one step. Installing KDE though may require some more work, eventhough I believe that binaries should be out soon.

[ June 25, 2003: Message edited by: Panos ]