Author Topic: This is hilarious  (Read 921 times)

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
This is hilarious
« on: 6 November 2002, 15:18 »
29. I heard that Apple is coming out with a laptop - it's called an Etch-A-Sketch.

28. Apple's CEO gets a salary of $1.00 per year.* Pretty sad when a computer company's CEO gets less than most kids' weekly allowance.

27. Apple has filed for bankruptcy three times. Microsoft has almost filed for bankruptcy once.

26. I figured out why Apple used colored plastic for the iMacs - because they couldn't afford the beige cases.

25. Now I know why they make the covers on the iMac easy to pop off - that way when you want to change the desktop wallpaper, you can open the cover and slide a piece of paper down behind the screen.

24. Have you ever wondered why the new Macintosh mice don't have the little ball in the bottom of the mouse? Because Apple couldn't afford them.

23. Apple is so dumb, they have to color-coordinate their own computers (iMacs).

22. Macs freeze up for no reason. Sure, IBMs might SEEM freeze up every now and then, but IBMs are actually working when they "freeze up;" Macs just sit there and take up space (wait a minute; Macs just sit there and take up space even when they're not frozen up).

21. You have to go up to "Special" and then hit "Eject Disc" just so you can get a CD out.

20. Macs are not ecologically sound. They use a trash can while IBMs use a recycling bin. Who is more concerned about the world; A company with rotten apples, or the one with pretty windows?!

19. How long do you have to wait, just to start up a computer? By the time the thing loads up, I wouldn't want to use it, even if it was good.

18. Schools use Macs. Worst of all, they think that they are good and they make their students think that. But schools buy them because they are cheaper, not because they are better. Maybe they should just spend a little more and get their students better computers to work with.

17. Why did Apple have to come out with a second iMac? Probably because they messed up the first one so bad that they had to come up with another to make up for it.

16. Why couldn't Macintosh spend a little extra money and put in a CD-ROM drive that opens all the way, not just an inch (iMac)?

15. A true apple company sells fruit, not computers. And, at least the other company's product tastes good!

14. The Apple Company couldn't even use a full apple as their logo. Says a lot about the quality of their products if they can't even use a complete logo.

13. I hate the Apple Command Button, Period.

12. The Speakers are too small.

11. On older Macs, there is an annoying, useless little black square on them.

10. How about the size of the Apple microphone?! I realize that Micro means small, but C'mon! I know that you can buy new microphones to go with your computer, but that is just an added expense. Why wouldn't Apple just build in a good one from the beginning?

9. What is up with there not being an actual power button on the computer itself. You use the keyboard button. I can do that on my PC but I also have a button on my tower. Yeesh, I guess that would cost Apple too much to have another button.

8. On older Macs, there isn't even an eject button for your floppy disks. What happens if your computer won't restart because it blew up (Macs like to do this) and then you can't get the stupid disk out of your computer? (On the newer Macs, there isn't even a floppy drive that comes with the computer.)

7. Out of curiosity, why put a handle on a computer (iMac) that is supposedly a desktop computer? Besides, it looks tacky. Can you say fashion sense?

6. The Apple company has to make different color computers just to get a few more to sell. Why choose from five colors when you can get one tan colored IBM that is better?

5. Why would anyone buy from a company that sold a computer (iMac) without a floppy drive? How stupid can a company's CEO get?

4. How can you screw up a mouse? Apple has successfully limited consumers to only one button whereas PC's use 2-3, sometimes more with new wheel mice. Plus, their mice (older iMacs) are so small, you could easily lose them under your index finger.

3. Upgrades and software are at a minumum. Once you buy a Mac, you get the software that came with it, and that is about it.

2. They've got as much memory as Ronald Reagan.

And the number one reason that the Macintosh Operating System is a piece of trash is...

They Just Plain Stink!!!

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
This is hilarious
« Reply #1 on: 6 November 2002, 16:03 »
eh?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
This is hilarious
« Reply #2 on: 6 November 2002, 20:42 »
Macman??? WTF?
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
This is hilarious
« Reply #3 on: 6 November 2002, 20:56 »
juh?
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Tbar

This is hilarious
« Reply #4 on: 6 November 2002, 20:57 »
You know your old when you use "IBM" instead of "PC" or "Wintel".

I'll second that WTF?

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
This is hilarious
« Reply #5 on: 6 November 2002, 21:00 »
Maybe Macman is another one of those MacOS to Linux converters.  :eek:

Pantso

• http://www.support-freesoftware.org
This is hilarious
« Reply #6 on: 6 November 2002, 21:15 »
Eh? WTF??   :confused:

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
This is hilarious
« Reply #7 on: 7 November 2002, 02:52 »
Attack of the Secretive Cunt?!?

Or perhaps Macman's inane humor? We may never know.
Go the fuck ~

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
This is hilarious
« Reply #8 on: 7 November 2002, 07:40 »
Sorry, but Im not the genius who wrote this. I found this on an anti-apple newb site http://www.jsmagic.com/spam/

psyjax

• VIP
This is hilarious
« Reply #9 on: 7 November 2002, 08:07 »
ummm... but why do YOU of all people find this funny?

You are MACman!!!! for gods sake.

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
This is hilarious
« Reply #10 on: 7 November 2002, 08:14 »
LOL...WTF?!?
Macman the mac-hater?
Blasphemy!

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
This is hilarious
« Reply #11 on: 7 November 2002, 21:15 »
anybody ever noticed that people who hate MS are typically well educated, intelligent, thinking persons who are well versed in technology of all sorts, while those that sling mud at Linux/UNIX and Mac are ignorami, typically teenagers, who don't know anything more than how to play shoot em up games and type in l337 speak and have arguments like "it doesn't have good games" or "it was made for dummy people" or something rather inane and ignorant.

I hate Microsoft because they're an illegal monopoly and seem bent on domination. If they'd change those two things, I'd stop hating them. I hate Apple corporate because they're bonehead marketeers that have forgotten that the first step in designing a new computer is DESIGNING THE COMPUTER, not marketing it. Oh. They even suck at marketing. An Apple monopoly would be many, many times worse than what MS has.

But you know what? I don't insult people because of what platform they choose. I might insult the people that made their OS, or in the case of Windows 9x, I insult their OS, but it's their fucking choice to use it. I campaign for technology, generally against MS, but I'm sure as Hell not going to pull some shit like that.

So... who wants to hax0r that cheeseball anti-Mac site?
Go the fuck ~

psyjax

• VIP
This is hilarious
« Reply #12 on: 7 November 2002, 21:40 »
Apple bad marketeers? Yes.

Bad computer makers? No.

I blame Mototola and other companys for screwing Apple where it hurts time and time again. I think all Mac fan's will be singing a diffrent tune once IBM becomes main supplyer. I think Apple is a damn fine company.

As for a monopoly being worse if it were Apple, I think all monopolys are bad.

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
This is hilarious
« Reply #13 on: 8 November 2002, 03:09 »
This evangelist is so incredibly idiotic (as is the entire site) that was rolling on the floor laughing at how uneducated the person who wrote this is. I can't believe you don't find this funny.

22. Macs freeze up for no reason. Sure, IBMs might SEEM freeze up every now and then, but IBMs are actually working when they "freeze up;" Macs just sit there and take up space (wait a minute; Macs just sit there and take up space even when they're not frozen up).

ROFL!!!!!!!!

Anyway, you can read my flame of this site if you want.

pkd_lives

This is hilarious
« Reply #14 on: 8 November 2002, 03:16 »
I thought it was very funny. Especially as almost every statement was WRONG - it's almost as if the original author had a major attack of sarcasm, but can't write very well, thereby missing the point.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.