Author Topic: Getting away with it again!  (Read 1072 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Getting away with it again!
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2002, 15:52 »
it still could, at any time if people got over their stigma and legalised it. It's 30 times more efficient to make paper out of hemp than out of wood, and it's 4 times more efficient than cotton to make clothes out of. Plus hundreds of other uses, including medicinal extracts and so on...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
« Reply #16 on: 13 June 2002, 03:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Windows XP User #5225982375:
Leave the poor man alone.

P O O R ? ? ?

P O O R ? ? ?

WHAT THE HELL

--------
edit:

i think that eventually microsoft will lose

i think that eventually marijuana will win

BUT I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: sporkme ]

just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

tratan

• Kudos: 0
    • http://home.nc.rr.com/jordanweb
« Reply #17 on: 13 June 2002, 22:49 »
quote:
Why does the government harass Microsoft when all they're doing is including their own software in their own OS? Why dont they go after KDE developers for binding Konqueror to KDE? Or Apple for putting iTunes and iDVD in their OS? They're just jealous liberals who hate Bill Gates. Leave the poor man alone.

Based on this guy's name, and based on his comments which seem designed specifically to make non-Microserfs very angry, I personally have decided that this guy is not really a Window$ user and is just trying to stir outrage against Window$.

That said, I'm still going to have fun answering his "question".

The software Microsloth includes in Window$ is not free.  Microsloth increases the price of Window$ to reflect the cost of the included software.  The end result is that the user has purchased both Window$ and Internet Exploder, and paid for both, but the user cannot choose to buy only Window$.  The bundling does nothing but limit the user's choices.
Firstly, the Konqueror package is usually shipped/downloaded along with the KDE package, but the user can choose not download Konqueror and still get a fully-functional copy of KDE.  Firstly, KDE and all the packages that normally come bundled with it are free.  Thirdly, KDE is not an Operating system, but what I've said about KDE applies on a larger scale to RedHat and, say, X.

I won't defend Apple because I don't know anything about what they're doing.  A knowledgable Apple user may be able to better answer that part of your question.

I am amused at the way you use "liberals" as a derogatory comment.  No further comment.
Describing Bill Gates as a "poor man" is also amusing to me, and further convinces me that you are only pretending to be a Window$ user.

I'm rather new to this board.  I mangle the names of Microsloth and it's products only because I'm worried that there may be some legal reason.  Does anyone know if it's OK to use the real names?  Mangling the names only makes us look childish.

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: tratan ]

I had to edit this a few times to fix the quote-tags.

Ok, I think I got the tags right this time.

Anything I state, unless I say otherwise, is my opinion.  If I say I observed something then I observed it, if I say something is true than that's an opinion.

iustitia

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #18 on: 17 June 2002, 04:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by jtpenrod:
Right idea, wrong company. Actually, it was Hearst who did that. The main problem with hemp was that you couldn't make a high quality paper with it. Then in 1936, someone discovered how to turn hemp into paper. The Hearst chain of newspapers had some significant timber holdings in the Northwest, naturally as it went well with their main business. The Marijuana Tax Act passed in 1937, coincidence?    ;)  

That was the real tragedy since hemp paper could have saved millions of acres of virgin forest.