Author Topic: MacPlus, and software to go with it  (Read 411 times)

buzza24

• Kudos: 0
MacPlus, and software to go with it
« on: 11 December 2002, 00:22 »
I am soon going to be owning a Mac Plus.
Yes I know it's a piece of shit but it's the only one i can get my hands on.

Now to my question:

Is there any software that I can download that I will be able to download and put on it(and fit on a floppy)?
It's Not Broken,
It Just Needs Repairing.
-Buzza

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2002, 08:20 »
jagshouse.com

he's got everything for old Macs! Run System 6 on that puppy, not system 7 or 7.1. 6 might not be as "new feeling" as System 7, but it'll sure be "quicker feeling"! lol

the Mac Plus is great, but there's some things to remember...

1) Don't EVER block the ventilation slots on the side or top. If you do, it can cause irrepairable damage to your Mac.

2) Don't format high density disks as low density and expect them to survive for a long time.

3) Don't open it up. That's a CRT and it CAN KILL YOU. Stay away from it unless you know what the Hell you're doing!

4) Start regularly reading sites like lowendmac.com.

5) Love your little Mac like it's a member of your family and it'll be with you for years to come :)
Go the fuck ~

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2002, 10:44 »
Wow, a Macintosh Plus. Definitely not a piece of shit. Enjoy it and hold on to it. That baby will be worth quite a few bucks in the not-so-distant future (and if it isn't you can tell people it is).

dot.this

« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2002, 07:50 »
I had a Mac Plus, and I really regret giving it away. That thing could do it all. I was even using my Mac Plus for AOL about 1996 or so. It was 10 years old at the time.

The Mac Plus is one of the all-time great computers. Those things are built like tanks.
This APT has Super Cow Powers.