Author Topic: Oh My God!!! The new iMac...  (Read 1016 times)

gump420

• Kudos: 0
Oh My God!!! The new iMac...
« Reply #15 on: 17 January 2002, 00:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
well, that's fab, but i'm sure Compaq or Dell or possibly both have brought out an AT type PC machine as small as that, as i remember, with the benefit (in my opinion) of having both a cdrom and a FLOPPY DRIVE! (i like them!).
Still, trust Apple to add several extra tablespoons of style to the mix!

I personally feel one of the coolest things about the design of the new iMac is that it is an original approach. Sure, there have been all-in-one machines with a flat panel before, but like you said, trust Apple to come up with a cool way to do it.

The real breakthrough in the iMac G4 is probably more what's inside than anything else; the iMac clones will come, just as before, but I doubt they'll be able to deliver as much bang for the buck (also, just as before).
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2002, 21:37 »
OK . . . I was on the fence about the new iMac design for a while, but today I went to see it in person, at my local Apple store.  (If 60 miles away, in the next state, qualifies as "local," anyway.)  Having seen it in person, I'm convinced -- this thing's a winner.  They only had two on hand in the store, and there was a small crowd gathered around each one.  I finally got to use it myself for a minute or two, and it won me over.

There's something about the Apple stores that will turn even the most staunchly anti-Apple Windows luser around.  They put something in the air there that converts you.  I don't know what it is.

Plus, if this is included with each new iMac purchase, I can only imagine it would help iMac sales that much more.    ;)

Tank

« Reply #17 on: 22 January 2002, 20:18 »
The new iMac is da shit, and anyone else who says otherwise can go get Bill Gates up the tail pipe. You say it sucks now, but watch when every other cheap bastard manufacturer starts copying that design and everyone will be using a design computer like that.
---------------------------------
I NEED the new iMac, but how will I afford it with no job???

appleavenger

• http://www.angelfire.com/journal/concertina/index.html
« Reply #18 on: 4 February 2002, 07:11 »
I said GODDAMN! That's a pretty snazzy computer right there... and yes.. I WANT ONE! The luxary of the burner, all the things we have grown to love about the mac and in all likelyhood a far more reliable processor that i'm sure outperforms any second rate 1Ghz Intell chip in the newer PCs... yes mummsy approves and she wants one too! I want to play with one asap! Sure I still love my Power Performer 5260, does me fine, but I'll bow down to this little idol any day.
Resistance is Useless!

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #19 on: 5 February 2002, 22:39 »
quote:
I guess it is like they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" because to me that is the most god awful ugly thing I have ever seen. I know mac's are very good machines but I honestly can't imagine using something that ugly on a daily basis.  

How superficial can you get? It's s tool, just like any other. I don't give a rat's ass what it looks like. Show me specs, demonstrate to me how this will help me get done what I need to do better than an Intel or AMD rig. If it's a cost-effective solution, then what difference does it make? And if it doesn't offer me the functionality I'm looking for, and isn't a cost-effective solution, then, for my needs, it sux - and no amount of glitz and flash will change that or make any difference.

quote:
Ok maybe I am just too traditional but I like a nice square monitor and a nice tower case

Who says computers have to come in tower cases? Computer cabinets used to use a horizontal lay out. I'm sure there were those who said who needs these new-fangled towers? Why the damn thing won't sit nicely on my desktop, like *any* good computer should. There is nothing "traditional" about towers.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Gonusto

« Reply #20 on: 6 February 2002, 00:20 »
Call me superficial, but Webmaster's picture of the new iMac and its . . . um . . . "peripherals" has definitely won me over.    ;)  

-Gonusto