Author Topic: Just got an iPod.  (Read 618 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Just got an iPod.
« on: 1 July 2004, 21:13 »
At 1st I was skeptical about buying it because of it's price/storage capacity but now that I have it all I have to say is WOW! It is a quality product. I do not regret buying it at all.

I have a few quirks about it though. I wish the battery lasted a little longer, I wish it had a built in FM tuner(I plan on buying the Belkin FM Tuner for it), I wish it played WMA's and I wish my wife would leave the god damn thing alone. She has used it more than I have been able to in the last couple of days.

It is a damn sexy MP3 player. And to think, I almost bought a Dell DJ. I saw one of those today in person(instead of online pictures) and all I have to say about it is YUCK! It is fucking ugly.
Sure it has a longer battery life and can play WMA's but I think it looks horrible.

I kinda wish my iPod had a color screen like my cell phone but that would probably take a hit on it's battery life which is probably why Apple didn't give it a color screen.

I hope sometime in the future Apple releases a firmware that will allow it to play WMA's.    :D  

(EDIT) I also feel the need to mention how blazingly fast it transfers files. I did have an old USB 1.1 player that finally died on me hence why I bought a new player. Transfering files on it was nothing like this. Firewire rocks! I love this thing.

[ July 01, 2004: Message edited by: Viper ]

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Just got an iPod.
« Reply #1 on: 1 July 2004, 21:29 »
Bravo Viper!  

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
Just got an iPod.
« Reply #2 on: 2 July 2004, 02:30 »
eh, iTunes reads (unprotected) WMA's, just convert them to AAC, MP3, or Apple Lossless.

and yes, iPod's DO rock.

and I have one, therefore, as grand master of the universe, I declare iPod's to be Awesome.
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
Just got an iPod.
« Reply #3 on: 2 July 2004, 10:22 »
I just bought an Archos Jukebox  :D  It's no ipod, but I can upgrade the hard drive (I switched a 15 our for a 30) and it's running on open source software.

Damn ipods and all the cash they want for them.  :(

Claris

• Kudos: 109
    • http://hompage.mac.com/neonsoldierx/PhotoAlbum3.html
Just got an iPod.
« Reply #4 on: 2 July 2004, 20:02 »
iPods can go open source too.

Why does the iPod need a color screen? All it does is display text. You'd be hard-pressed to find any MP3 player with a color screen.
Windows: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
Just got an iPod.
« Reply #5 on: 4 July 2004, 04:47 »
Do you consider buying a mac?