All Things Microsoft > Microsoft as a Company

microsoft tries to get rid of linux . . . again

(1/3) > >>

M51DPS:
According to this article, microsoft is changing their instant messenger protocol to keep out cometition. There's also a stuff about the DRM "features" in office documents.

jasonlane:
Competition? Do M$ even class as competition?

There still going to have massive problems with all of this shit as it's implemented, there falling further and further behind on lot's of fronts. There certainly not innovators. Oh and there's still this total lack of innovation only made worse by an un-motivated work force.

There simply not concentrating on the things they should be. Admittedly they still got most of an uneducated public, well uneducated with all their propaganda hooked.

suselinux:
web page

Yahoo fully supports Linux/Unix

they are the only one of the big four messenger servers (AOL,ICQ,MSN,Yahoo) to inclue and support a linux message client.

MS is must really see OOo as a threat

Maybe now that corel has some new blood, and new cash, it will claw its way back up the Office market.
web page
web page

slave:
So that's why kopete started crashing every time I tried to log into the MSN system a few days ago.

Fuck em, I'll just switch to AIM or Jabber or whatever.  They probably log your conversations and forward them to John Asscroft anyway.

Fett101:
I don't see how changing thier protocol would be seen as a attempt to solely damage Linux. There are various other IM clients that are not on Linux (ones that I use, even)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version