Author Topic: Oh jesus this is funny.  (Read 599 times)

Ctrl Alt Del 123

• Kudos: 0
Oh jesus this is funny.
« on: 27 May 2002, 08:19 »
Thought #1: Someone who hates product A will continue to hate product A until he or she uses it themselves and makes the choice themselves.

Thought #2: Shoving product A down their throughts and how great it is does not pursuade them to think so.

Thought #3: Online articles demonstrating that product A is better than product B can always be criticized or a part of it can be arguemented.

Thought #4: If someone is happy with product B, he or she will stay with product B and forget product A.

Thought #5: Registering another name to insult someone is pretty low and means you have a shit load of time on your hands dedicated to some pretty useless stuff.

Thought #6: Saying "All users who use Windows are idiots" is not true. Saying "All users who use Macs can't get their IQ above 10" is not true. Saying "Linux is the ultimate answer" is not true. You could start whole arguements over each and everyone one of these.

It's very simple. Like it? Use it. Don't like it? Use the other one. Passionate about your OS? Great. Shove it down my throught? Try something less obtrusive and your idea will hold greater appeal.

~fin.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2002, 08:29 »
Good points.

I think this should go for all Mac, Winoze, and Linux camps.

Windoze still sux tho    

Most of the flamming arises from just funloving bordome. Admit it guys, sometime sit is fun to sling shit. Especially with certain recent posters who shall remain nameless.

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2002, 11:57 »
Good rules to go by. Did you write that or did you do it yourself?

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2002, 11:58 »
I mean did your write that or get it from somewhere else? If so where?

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2002, 13:27 »
I don't mean to seem as if i am criticising what you say, Ctrl, but i do have some minor disagreements:
quote:
Originally posted by Ctrl Alt Del 123:
Thought #1: Someone who hates product A will continue to hate product A until he or she uses it themselves and makes the choice themselves.

Thought #2: Shoving product A down their throughts and how great it is does not pursuade them to think so.
True, but what do you expect on a site called fuckmicrosoft.com? that we'll all be talking about the weather, and how to crochet? If somebody comes here, they know what they're getting. Also, not everybody cares how many 'converts' they collect.

quote:
Thought #3: Online articles demonstrating that product A is better than product B can always be criticized or a part of it can be arguemented.

Again, do you really expect people to shut up? firstly you say we can't voice our opinions irrationally, and now you say we can't do it rationally either?
quote:

Thought #4: If someone is happy with product B, he or she will stay with product B and forget product A.

Thought #5: Registering another name to insult someone is pretty low and means you have a shit load of time on your hands dedicated to some pretty useless stuff.
So what, you're saying that Ctrl Alt Del 123 is your real name? Calum is my real name, who else here posts using their real name? I've noticed about a dozen of us, of which I am the most regular poster by far. X11 doesn't hide his name actually. It's easy to find out.

quote:
Thought #6: Saying "All users who use Windows are idiots" is not true. Saying "All users who use Macs can't get their IQ above 10" is not true. Saying "Linux is the ultimate answer" is not true. You could start whole arguements over each and everyone one of these.

Yes you could, but only if both factions were very bored or very stupid, i think it is quite obvious that if somebody said those things, they would be taking the piss.

quote:
It's very simple. Like it? Use it. Don't like it? Use the other one. Passionate about your OS? Great. Shove it down my throught? Try something less obtrusive and your idea will hold greater appeal.

~fin.
Okay, so you are basically saying shut the fuck up. Quite frankly, while i applaud your stance, i think the conclusion you have come to is inappropriate for an online forum. People come here to communicate, and they should be allowed to do so. Perhaps telling people what huge amounts of subject matter they should not talk about like this is in fact "shoving it down our throats" too?

As i say, i don't want you to think i am trying to make you angry or insult you Ctrl, but those are my thoughts on your thoughts. Now, who wants to tell me to shut up?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Ctrl Alt Del 123

Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2002, 20:18 »
Macman, made it up myself. You can tell by my use of variables and attempt to make it outlined, I tend to do that.

Calum, good points too, you should argue, but some of the arguements are just plain funny.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2002, 00:21 »
quote:
Like it? Use it. Don't like it? Use the other one. Passionate about your OS? Great. Shove it down my throught? Try something less obtrusive and your idea will hold greater appeal

here at fuckmicrosoft, even if someone his happy with windows, we will still try to get them away from windows, and try to use something else.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

hoojchoons

• http://www.linux.gr
Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2002, 02:28 »
Well, Ctrl for starters let me say that your points are plain, strong and really straightforward. But (there's always a but in such cases), I can't really agree to the fact though that those arguments apply to any kind of forums, that is if you take the word forum literally. Let me say also that if anyone, as far as implies that Windows users are stupid deserves my utter disrespect.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2002, 04:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by hoojchoons:
Well, Ctrl for starters let me say that your points are plain, strong and really straightforward. But (there's always a but in such cases), I can't really agree to the fact though that those arguments apply to any kind of forums, that is if you take the word forum literally. Let me say also that if anyone, as far as implies that Windows users are stupid deserves my utter disrespect.

Isn't it ironic that we are arguing about weather or not there should be arguments in a forum?

I mean, we ARE in a forum while we argue this.

And litteraly, Forum was the roman marketplace. Philosphers and stuff would yammer on, on streetcorners like in Life of Brian  :D
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

ravuya

• VIP
Oh jesus this is funny.
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2002, 05:22 »
I was just about to post something to this effect due to the trolltopics which I have to spend my valuable time locking -- this drags my attention away from discussing valuable things, like how to crochet, for example.