Author Topic: Screw OS X I think...  (Read 1309 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #15 on: 14 July 2003, 03:22 »
ehh. i use bmw because they are refined and clean. yeah, i could go buy some cheap car, dump like 10 grand into it and i have some fast little POS. maybe i should compare it to audi, lexus, and bmw. american cars are crap. but im not a car guy, so i am not going to try and debate that. its an opinion.

jasonlane

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.root10.net
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #16 on: 14 July 2003, 03:37 »
Hehehehe.  Analogies, OK that's fine, I get ya, but then X11 goes and says Mac users are live Volvo drivers??? Don't know if that's an insult or compliment   :confused:
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #17 on: 14 July 2003, 07:56 »
Well... since you can't decide on what to campare QSX to, I'm pretty sure I found MS Bob

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #18 on: 14 July 2003, 08:40 »
X11 Speaks teh truth.

Sort of

OS X isn't necessarily bad but Mac hardware = trash.

My brother got an emac, and it was so slow it couldn't even run warcraft 3 so he returned it, and had to pay Apple a 200 dollar restocking fee.  Bastards.

Sure the G5 is fast and all but what if you want a laptop?  Let's compare...

I could get a Toshiba P25 which has a 2.8 ghz P4, Geforce FX 5200, and a 17'' screen for 2000 dollars, or I could get a 1 ghz Powerlessbook G4 which also has a 17'' screen but costs $3200.  Hmmm.

I think I'd rather get the Toshiba and put Slackware Linux on it.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #19 on: 14 July 2003, 21:02 »
1. If you buy a Toshiba, you would be giving your money to Microsoft to pay for Windows XP.

2. It is a known fact that Warcraft 3 is slow on Mac OS X, and Warcraft 3 would have performed very well on OS 9, from what I've heard. Many game developpers have not switched from Carbon yet.

3. A Pentium 4 processor, unlike a G4, cannot run full speed on a laptop for more than half an hour before you have to change the battery. And you should know very well that a 1 GHz G4 is more or less the equivalent of a 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 (I don't know the equivalence for Athlons).

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #20 on: 14 July 2003, 10:33 »
To each his own

If your happy with what you've got, Im happy for you.

But(you knew that was coming)

I hear people saying that most people only use Linux because it's free

It cost me $170.00 CND after taxes (3000%) to get SuSE 8.1 professional

a group of my friends and myself all use SuSE
one of us bought 8.0, I bought 8.1, and another bought 8.2 and so on until SCO wins   :D    ;)    :D  

but really apple, and x86 are like beta, and VHS

VHS ended up winning because of price, but beta was a hell of alot better quality, and for that reason VHS was household, and beta was, and is, an industry standard.

And as for being political, those of us who sign up and actually stay here, only do so beacuse we are political.  You should all be as political as possible inside your own country, I really mean that. Democracy is a funny thing, if you don't use it you'll lose!

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #21 on: 14 July 2003, 11:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by sway = eradicator:

the m5 tops at 173mph.

You are on crack. A M5 doesn't go anywhere near that speed. Admittedly I was wrong about the M5 though. The new ones top out at 155mph. They still don't have nothing on a cheaper Corvette Z06(or the standard Vette Coupe for that matter), Dodge Viper GTS-V and GTS-R or the Mustang GT Cobra and SVT Cobra R.

http://www.new-cars.com/2003/bmw/bmw-m5-specs.html

To the guy who said American cars are crap, you are an idiot. I haven't had a lick of trouble out of my Vette and it is about 5 years old now(99). I'm willing to bet that it will smoke anything that you own and it isn't anywhere near as fast as these new Vettes with the LS6 engine. ;P

[ July 14, 2003: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Zombie9920

Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #22 on: 14 July 2003, 12:01 »
A 2003 Corvette Z06. Top speed of 185mph. Wow! That is fast for a $50,000 range car. IT appears that the Vette gets better gas mileage than a beemer too.

http://www.fast-autos.net/guldstrand/guldstrand50thcorvette.html

A Vette that costs around $50,000 is actually able to contend with and beat out alot of the  Ferrari's. LoL, the beemer is simply outclassed and out-muscled. I really don't think that beemers look all that great myself. I would be more proud of owning a Viper than a damn beemer.

Zombie9920

Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #23 on: 14 July 2003, 12:07 »
Last but not least..here are some specs on the Viper GTS-R. DAAAAAMMMNNN! A 0-60 in 3.8 seconds! A top speed of 201mph!

Not many cars on the road can contend with this beast. The ones that can contend with it cost about a half million to a million $$$$(Like the McLaren F1 which is a German car BTW).

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=car.mv&num=117

Beemers are overpriced cars, under-powered cars...end of story. I've seen Honda Accord EX's that that can smoke a beemer.   :rolleyes:

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #24 on: 14 July 2003, 12:07 »
We are being political because we unite against Microsoft. But choice of platform should be determined by its qualities, not by political issues like open source. One should not choose to boycott a platform because of frivolous political reasons like closed source.

And comparing the Mac to the Beta is absolutely ridiculous. This is a MONOPOLY situation, remember? The Mac wasn't expensive back in the days, and studies have proven over and over again that the Mac is much cheaper in the long run. Also, Macs are getting cheaper by the season.

Sorry if I don't make any sense, but I'm tired. I'll edit all that tomorrow.

Going to bed, it'a 3 AM.

jasonlane

Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #25 on: 14 July 2003, 17:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:
Last but not least..here are some specs on the Viper GTS-R. DAAAAAMMMNNN! A 0-60 in 3.8 seconds! A top speed of 201mph!

Not many cars on the road can contend with this beast. The ones that can contend with it cost about a half million to a million $$$$(Like the McLaren F1 which is a German car BTW).
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=car.mv&num=117

Beemers are overpriced cars, under-powered cars...end of story. I've seen Honda Accord EX's that that can smoke a beemer.      :rolleyes:    

Eeeerrrmmm, the engine is BMW but the car is British, there made not far from were I used to live. McLaren is a Brit company

The most incredible car I've seen is the new Zonda, we have a car show here in the UK and they put every car you could imagine up against each other Vipers, Ferrari, Zonda everything. They were all run Straight line and then on a specially designed course. The Zonda left all of them in the dust, I've never seen a car grip the road like this. The power to weight ration is frightening.

Zonda

Here's the video of the road test for the Zonda

Zonda test

You have to register, worth it though.

Actually in the test though the Zonda didn't win, it was a Westfield XTR2, there is also a video of that on the same page.

[ July 14, 2003: Message edited by: Zardoz ]

The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #26 on: 14 July 2003, 22:35 »
quote:
You must turn yourself onto politics, or else politics will turn on you.

--Ralph Nader

Zombie9920

Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #27 on: 14 July 2003, 23:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zardoz:

Eeeerrrmmm, the engine is BMW but the car is British, there made not far from were I used to live. McLaren is a Brit company

The most incredible car I've seen is the new Zonda, we have a car show here in the UK and they put every car you could imagine up against each other Vipers, Ferrari, Zonda everything. They were all run Straight line and then on a specially designed course. The Zonda left all of them in the dust, I've never seen a car grip the road like this. The power to weight ration is frightening.

Zonda

Here's the video of the road test for the Zonda

Zonda test

You have to register, worth it though.

Actually in the test though the Zonda didn't win, it was a Westfield XTR2, there is also a video of that on the same page.

That Zonda reminds me of a Mercedes CLK-GTR.
A really nice, fast car...with a price tag of about 1 million $$$.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~anchsa/clkgtr.htm

jasonlane

Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #28 on: 15 July 2003, 02:02 »
didnt' that win the Le Mans 24hr, 3 times, on a row???

Anyway yes great looking Car, much like OS X, great looking, excellent performing.

just trying to keep in the vein of things, we've gone from OS X to Cars    :D  

Another Great car Ford GT40 and now the new one:

GT40 2003.......... any day over a Viper, more refined looking
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

sway

Screw OS X I think...
« Reply #29 on: 15 July 2003, 03:21 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:
A 2003 Corvette Z06. Top speed of 185mph. Wow! That is fast for a $50,000 range car. IT appears that the Vette gets better gas mileage than a beemer too.

http://www.fast-autos.net/guldstrand/guldstrand50thcorvette.html

A Vette that costs around $50,000 is actually able to contend with and beat out alot of the  Ferrari's. LoL, the beemer is simply outclassed and out-muscled. I really don't think that beemers look all that great myself. I would be more proud of owning a Viper than a damn beemer.

well, sure.. the corvette is a good value for performance. but a jetta is built better, and much more affordable. just look at safety ratings.

anyways, you're just warped on the whole muscle car idea. you sort of remind me of the people that have these 2000watt stereo systems in their car. only morons choose quantity over quality.

and once again, i am a pure genius. and yes, the bmw m5 can hit 170-ish mph, i've seen it happen. all you need is a good driver, and a track to drive on.

[ July 14, 2003: Message edited by: sway = eradicator ]