Author Topic: No More Happy Mac  (Read 1486 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
No More Happy Mac
« Reply #15 on: 4 September 2002, 10:51 »
What is the big deal about a square with a smile in it? I don't see anything interesting about that happy mac face...try modifying your boot screen to make it look like what you think is cool. You maccies must not do much boot screen modding and so forth like us PC users and Windows users do. Windows modders tend to modify every aspect of thier system to fit thier personalities and likes. We don't stay stuck with the default crap. LoL

I have also noticed that maccies don't tend to mod thier cases, monitors, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.  to have it's own cool custom look to it(instead of the factory default look).

Example, a PC case that has been modded with a window, neon cathodes, LED replacements, custom graphics, etc. looks alot better than a standard Mac or PC case.
Shit like this looks cool(and it looks alot better when the modded case panel with a window is on the case..the case panel is off in this pic). http://www.ticz.com/homes/users/waltw/case.jpg

What am I thinking? A typical maccie modding? Ha....most maccies don't even know how to properly plug in the wires and cables inside of a case(because they are robbed of the opportunity to learn how to build a system because Jobs forces you to use computers pre-built by Apple).

I don't think that Mac users think different, they just let Steve jobs do the thinking for them. ;P

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Master of Reality / Bob ]

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
No More Happy Mac
« Reply #16 on: 4 September 2002, 11:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:
What am I thinking? A typical maccie modding? Ha....most maccies don't even know how to properly plug in the wires and cables inside of a case(because they are robbed of the opportunity to learn how to build a system because Jobs forces you to use computers pre-built by Apple).

I don't think that Mac users think different, they just let Steve jobs do the thinking for them. ;P

Heh heh, that's the funniest and most hypocritical thing I have ever heard you say Zombie!  By your logic you should be using Linux on your PC, something you can actually modify, beyond the piddly list of registry parameters. With Windows you are stuck with what Bill Gates gives you, a pile of shit.

At least with the Mac, they *can* modify the underlying OS any way to choose (the Darwin part).  And I bet with a computer like the one you posted you should be able to play one mean game of solitaire.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Zombie9920

No More Happy Mac
« Reply #17 on: 4 September 2002, 12:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by VoidMain:

Heh heh, that's the funniest and most hypocritical thing I have ever heard you say Zombie!  By your logic you should be using Linux on your PC, something you can actually modify, beyond the piddly list of registry parameters. With Windows you are stuck with what Bill Gates gives you, a pile of shit.

At least with the Mac, they *can* modify the underlying OS any way to choose (the Darwin part).  And I bet with a computer like the one you posted you should be able to play one mean game of solitaire.

You would be surprised what kinds of modifications you can do to Windows using resource editor programs(like RESEDIT and other editors) and so forth. Nobody says that I choose to leave anything in my Windows like it originally was when I first installed XP.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
No More Happy Mac
« Reply #18 on: 4 September 2002, 12:10 »
quote:
You would be surprised what kinds of modifications you can do to Windows using resource editor programs(like RESEDIT and other editors) and so forth. Nobody says that I choose to leave anything in my Windows like it originally was when I first installed XP.

Uh, no I wouldn't be surprised. Remember, MCSEs come to me for advanced help with Windows. Just as I said (and you agreed to) you are limited to parameters in the registry or configuration files. You can not add functionality to a program without modifying it's source. Sure some apps/components have a lot of parameters but they are a finite number.  If you wanted to actually change the functionality of something beyond the given parameters you can't, not without source code. Windows = finite.  Linux = infinite.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

trc3

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.sk8mafia4life.com
No More Happy Mac
« Reply #19 on: 4 September 2002, 17:36 »
quote:
try modifying your boot screen to make it look like what you think is cool. You maccies must not do much boot screen modding and so forth like us PC users and Windows users do.

Actually I have a picture of brooke burke in a lepord print bikini standing next to the jaguar X on my boot screen.  Its tight..   :D

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: trc3 ]

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
No More Happy Mac
« Reply #20 on: 4 September 2002, 23:14 »
My boot screen is Jessica pressly.

Stop talking out your ass Zombie, Mac users have been editing their computers when you windoids werent even around. Hell, since the days no one knew what a GUI was. I remember screwing with a MacClassic running System6 to get it to display pictures on the desktop. (such functionality havesent been invented yet). You had to use a combination of Hex and ResEdit (<--- strange name huh?) to get it to work.

It's very easy to customize Mac's as well because of the way files are organized and created. Each file has two forks, the Data fork, and the Resource fork. In the resource fork you find all the fun stuff you would wanna screw with, and you never have to touch the Data fork lest your venturesome.

OSX is even simpler since you can explode each applicatioin etc. to reveal all of it's contents. Even oldschool style ResEdit resources.

Whatever.

Yes, Mac folk customize the shit out of their computers and we know a hell of alot more than you give us credit for.

I have met more clueless windows users than Mac users. Hell, my mom has an excellent working knowledge of computers! She's a Mac user BTW.

When have you seen an older person pushing 60 actually know their shit after using windows?
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

cocoamix

No More Happy Mac
« Reply #21 on: 5 September 2002, 01:28 »
quote:
What is the big deal about a square with a smile in it? I don't see anything interesting about that happy mac face...try modifying your boot screen to make it look like what you think is cool. You maccies must not do much boot screen modding and so forth like us PC users and Windows users do. Windows modders tend to modify every aspect of thier system to fit thier personalities and likes. We don't stay stuck with the default crap. LoL

I have also noticed that maccies don't tend to mod thier cases, monitors, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.  to have it's own cool custom look to it(instead of the factory default look).

You, sir, are one uninformed fucking idiot.

http://www.applefritter.com/hacks/index.html

http://www.resexcellence.com/

MacUser3of5

• http://notquiteyet.com
No More Happy Mac
« Reply #22 on: 5 September 2002, 03:30 »
Gee, Zombie, I've never found the combination of  glow-in-the-dark tampons and circuit boards particularly attractive...

:confused:  

maybe that's just me.
"Let them call me a rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine

Zombie9920

No More Happy Mac
« Reply #23 on: 5 September 2002, 05:53 »
You find a case with pastel colored plastic(Macs) attractive? Personally I think that Macs look gay(because of the pastel-like colors). BTW, I never said that any case is *attractive*(I said the cathodes and so forth look cool, not attractive)...because I don't think of a computer as a status symbol. Believe me, I would be showing off my Vette before I would be inviting people over to my house to show off a computer.

For some reason though, Mac biggots seem to think those gay colored Mac cases are some kind of a sex symbol(like a true loser). LoL

MacUser3of5

No More Happy Mac
« Reply #24 on: 5 September 2002, 06:52 »
www.powerbook.com

Hmm, interesting, my Mac doesn't have pastel colors at all, in fact, it lacks color on the body...

"Let them call me a rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine

cocoamix

No More Happy Mac
« Reply #25 on: 5 September 2002, 19:21 »
quote:
You find a case with pastel colored plastic(Macs) attractive? Personally I think that Macs look gay(because of the pastel-like colors). BTW, I never said that any case is *attractive*(I said the cathodes and so forth look cool, not attractive)...because I don't think of a computer as a status symbol. Believe me, I would be showing off my Vette before I would be inviting people over to my house to show off a computer.

For some reason though, Mac biggots seem to think those gay colored Mac cases are some kind of a sex symbol(like a true loser). LoL

Great. A homophobic Windoze user who can't spell and drives a Penis-Mobile. My hero.

Zombie9920

No More Happy Mac
« Reply #26 on: 5 September 2002, 21:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by cocoamix:

Great. A homophobic Windoze user who can't spell and drives a Penis-Mobile. My hero.

Hey man, there is nothing wrong with disliking gay anything. I didn't make any comments on homosexuals, but since you want to call me homophobic I will go ahead and say that I am homophobic. Why? Because I think that it is disgusting to be gay. Gays are unnatural, unethical and just plain sick.

Heh, heh...I bet my Penis-Mobile will straight up smoke your car buddy. I bet it looks better and sounds meaner than your shit too. If you lived near me I would race ya for pinkslips just to prove whos' car is meaner. ;P I also own a new(well not exactly new..it is a little over a year old now) Dodge Ram. I think the only reason you called my car a Penis-Mobile is because you are jealous of it because you probably have some little 4-cylinder beater with a rusty body and no exhaust(it probably sounds like a pissed off bumble-bee).

Whoops, I mis-spelled bigot. Sue me. LoL

Zombie9920

No More Happy Mac
« Reply #27 on: 5 September 2002, 21:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by MacUser3of5:
www.powerbook.com

Hmm, interesting, my Mac doesn't have pastel colors at all, in fact, it lacks color on the body...

Now, that doesn't look gay at all. I'll go as far as to say I think that laptop looks nice. The reason I commented on the pastel colored cases is because alot of Maccies seem to think that we are jealous of the Macs that have those stupid colors. For some weird reason they also think those colored cases look good or something(they would look good if they used non-pastel colors).

MacUser3of5

No More Happy Mac
« Reply #28 on: 5 September 2002, 21:20 »
Just so you know a little more about me...

The Imac (version one and two) are ugly. Just plain ugly.

They new tower g4 is ugly.

The old powermac is nice.

The ibook is nice.

The xserve is nice.

In fact, the prevalence of the FruityMac is what kept me from Apple during the late 90s  ;)

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
No More Happy Mac
« Reply #29 on: 5 September 2002, 21:32 »
quote:

Hey man, there is nothing wrong with disliking gay anything. I didn't make any comments on homosexuals, but since you want to call me homophobic I will go ahead and say that I am homophobic. Why? Because I think that it is disgusting to be gay. Gays are unnatural, unethical and just plain sick.

Heh, heh...I bet my Penis-Mobile will straight up smoke your car buddy. I bet it looks better and sounds meaner than your shit too. If you lived near me I would race ya for pinkslips just to prove whos' car is meaner. ;P I also own a new(well not exactly new..it is a little over a year old now) Dodge Ram. I think the only reason you called my car a Penis-Mobile is because you are jealous of it because you probably have some little 4-cylinder beater with a rusty body and no exhaust(it probably sounds like a pissed off bumble-bee).

Whoops, I mis-spelled bigot. Sue me. LoL

Dodge Ram, muhahaha!
Contains scenes of mild peril.