Author Topic: x86 > mac  (Read 975 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
x86 > mac
« Reply #15 on: 12 April 2003, 03:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman: penalized for free thinking:
Actually pwn is internet slang. Gamers use it all the time.

yeah. i know. i just can't stand it.

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
x86 > mac
« Reply #16 on: 12 April 2003, 04:28 »
HOORAY! Now we can all worship the almighty Gates god, hand over our personal information, settle for inferior prodocts, and be good little sheep just like he told us to. I can baa fell myself baa changing already baa.

[ April 11, 2003: Message edited by: M51DPS ]

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
x86 > mac
« Reply #17 on: 12 April 2003, 07:44 »
quote:
come off it! you all know that PC pwn your macs!

I am forced to use macs at college

i tell you... as soon as i leave i never wanna see another macinCRAP again!
WTF does this mean? What is it about the "macs" you use at college? What model are they? How old are they? How have they been maintained? What soft are they running? How about some specifics here? The closest I've ever been to a mac is I once saw an ad for one. Pretty colors   ;)  I'd really like to know.
quote:
Mandrake is teh win
I like it. I ditched winderz to install it, and I ain't lookin' back.   :D  

Their fundamental design flaws are completely concealed by their superficial design flaws.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
x86 > mac
« Reply #18 on: 12 April 2003, 11:26 »
Yeah, macs suck. They always copy PCs!

Remember when Microsoft made Luna, and then OS X made their own theme? And that time when the PC made this cool GUI, and Apple copied it?

Geeze. I can't stand Apple!

billy_gates

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
x86 > mac
« Reply #19 on: 12 April 2003, 21:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuirk:
Yeah, macs suck. They always copy PCs!

Remember when Microsoft made Luna, and then OS X made their own theme? And that time when the PC made this cool GUI, and Apple copied it?

Geeze. I can't stand Apple!

I hope your being ironic here, seeing as everything you just said would be truthful if turned around.  

http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/772/51/d3138f3c5bae85/www.apple.com/powermac/images/chartdvdencode01282003.gif

that is one example of a mac to pc comparison.  This is MPEG2 rendering times.  And unlike Photoshop, these ones cannot be tweaked or modified in the Mac's favort.  For they used two completely proprietary and uncustomizable software (in terms of its MPEG2 output).  iDVD (a remarkably awesome program) SonicDVDit (have never used and am damn proud of it)

However,  I think the thing that makes a Mac better than PC based systems is the software.  My 733 G4 is slower than my 1.7 Athlon (just slightly) but given the chance I would always choose the 733 for everything, photoshop, web, etc, etc.  OSX is so damn great.  It is like using Linux that has every single little detail refined for optimum stability, smoothness, and easiness.  I also find one thing that Macs do better than nay other OS I've seen.  You always know when its doing something.  When you tell it to do something it shows you that it did it or is still doing it.  From the bouncing icons in the dock to the square box that comes out of files and programs when they  are double clicked.  Gnome has this halfassed on my RH9 system.  It has the box things for minimizing and opening programs from the "Panel" but it does this in no way else except maybe an hourglass cursor.  Windows doesn't do this at all, the hourglass is the only way to tell its doing something.  I think that knowing when its doing something is my favorite usability feature os OSX and OS9.  It is whart makes want to use a Mac more than a Wintel box.

P.S. I am typing this from my brand new RH9 box, which thanks to Linux User is going pretty OK will only slight annoyances.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
x86 > mac
« Reply #20 on: 13 April 2003, 00:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by Billy Gates: Mac Comrade Captain:

I hope your being ironic here, seeing as everything you just said would be truthful if turned around.

I was being totally serious! Also, today I stumbled on this: http://www.dell.com/us/en/biz/products/series_inspn_notebooks.htm

See the nice titanium-looking shell and the wide-aspect monitor? Apple SO ripped that off!

Doogee

• VIP
  • Kudos: 109
    • http://m-db.info
x86 > mac
« Reply #21 on: 13 April 2003, 13:20 »
bloody CS players.

What is the language they use called?

Dimwit.

[ April 13, 2003: Message edited by: Doogee : t3h sl4(k i5 1337 ]

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
x86 > mac
« Reply #22 on: 15 April 2003, 10:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuirk:

I was being totally serious! Also, today I stumbled on this: http://www.dell.com/us/en/biz/products/series_inspn_notebooks.htm

See the nice titanium-looking shell and the wide-aspect monitor? Apple SO ripped that off!

well I'm glad we're on the same side.  Also, I was reading about that notebook and the new 17".  The 15" dell is bigger in every aspect in every possible open/close stage than the 17" except for width, and then only like an inch, I think it was.

mattymanx

x86 > mac
« Reply #23 on: 16 April 2003, 06:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zardoz:

Well you must be really fucking stupid if you can't work a MAC, do you go to a special school?

OS X rocks.

Macs are for people who know nothing about computers, and don't want to know anything about computers.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
x86 > mac
« Reply #24 on: 16 April 2003, 07:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by mattymanx:

Macs are for people who know nothing about computers, and don't want to know anything about computers.

why should i know? all i need is for my tools to function properly. i do not want to be consantly fixing them, or tinkering with them. so i buy the tools that will work right out of the box. the reason i bought a mac was becuase of what i know. i was sick of fucking around with the computer trying to make it work. so the mac was the only viable choice. ass

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
x86 > mac
« Reply #25 on: 16 April 2003, 07:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by Billy Gates: Mac Comrade Captain:

well I'm glad we're on the same side.  Also, I was reading about that notebook and the new 17".  The 15" dell is bigger in every aspect in every possible open/close stage than the 17" except for width, and then only like an inch, I think it was.

Im confused? Those dells suck...

You guys must be ebing sarcastic.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR