Author Topic: Apple sucks DRM dick and pissis local Mac lover off!  (Read 719 times)

trc3

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.sk8mafia4life.com
Apple sucks DRM dick and pissis local Mac lover off!
« Reply #15 on: 30 April 2003, 16:39 »
Personally I'm pretty happy with the way apple did this.  I think they balanced the DRM factor pretty well.  I mean not one record company would have signed up for this if they didn't have some sort of "protection".  I've bought a few songs and burned them to cd and re-imported them and they sound fine, and I can now do what I want with them and put them on as many computers as I feel like.  Overall I think they did and alright job, far better then any other service like this.

bling

« Reply #16 on: 1 May 2003, 22:17 »
"If your hard disk becomes damaged or you lose any of the music you've purchased, you'll have to reimport all your songs and buy any purchased music again to rebuild your library."

Better them backup disks/hard drives/tapes ready to go. I'd keep a linux box in the closet to keep a copy of your tunes on if I used this service.  :D
Under Construction

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #17 on: 2 May 2003, 00:56 »
i like apples Music Store. they did what the studios couldnt, they offer music downloads cheap and legal, and with no fuss. sucks that it is in aac, but i can live with that. burn the cd, then rip it to whatever computer i wish in mp3. and its not like this will destroy p2p networks either. im not a huge supporter of p2p, but i do use it. and in fact, becuase of p2p, i have actually bought more cds. anyways. i am not too worried about losing my music after i buy it, most of it is backed up in hardcopy form in my cd cases, and seriousely, when was the last time you had a mac completely die? i have never had that happen, save one time, on my first g4, it just stopped working. turns out, the power supply wasnt connected (roommate playing a joke i think   :rolleyes:  )
i will probably get into this music store, and actually purhcase my music there, instead of taking a trip to "gasp" tower records or something. well, as soon as they start carrying Dara, Aphrodite, Andy C, ST Files, Tech Itch, blah blah, oh yeah, and DJ Marky. cant forget DJ Marky    then i will def be on it. most of the time i cant even find their stuff in this god forsaken city. it could save me 3.5 hours of driving to san francisco to be able to download it from apple. yay

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #18 on: 2 May 2003, 04:50 »
Cheese