Author Topic: Apple ][ Gs  (Read 443 times)

LorKorub

• Kudos: 0
Apple ][ Gs
« on: 11 January 2003, 17:29 »
I was just reminescing (sp?) about my first *real* PC I ever had in my life, and was just wondering if anyone else had one of these boxes. From what I remember, they were "the poor man's Mac" back in the day, and they had a kick-ass sound chip at the time. They didn't have a Hard Drive, and the CD-ROM support was kind of limited. Decent graphics though. I remember playing this game called Tass Times in Tonetown when I was a kid.

Anyone know anything about these things? I am interested to know what OS they came with, and/or if anyone tweaked one of these boxes to do some cool stuff.  I saw one on E-Bay for $.02 yesterday, and I am wondering if I should splurge to relive some memories.
"American English -- the noble language of your superiors"

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Apple ][ Gs
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2003, 18:09 »
Since when have apples not been apples!!!

Wrong theread.. Mor-ON!

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Apple ][ Gs
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2003, 19:17 »
www.emulation.net has some IIGS relevant stuff, including where you can download the IIGS desktop envirinment which mimiced the Mac.

You can also d-load Wolfenstine 3d for the IIGS.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
Apple ][ Gs
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2003, 00:33 »
A computer for 2 cents? now that's weird

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Apple ][ Gs
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2003, 13:49 »
blue

ravuya

• VIP
Apple ][ Gs
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2003, 01:13 »
The IIgs was a great piece of hardware, especially the Woz edition.

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
Apple ][ Gs
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2003, 03:48 »
I've got a II GS sitting in the guest room; I got it off eBay a couple of years ago.  It can run the Apple II family of OS's (DOS 3.3, ProDOS) and GS-OS, which is, if I'm not mistaken, something between ProDOS and early Mac OS (though more like ProDOS).  I regret to say I haven't really played with it nearly as much as I'd like to have, though.

LorKorub

Apple ][ Gs
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2003, 15:53 »
quote:
I've got a II GS sitting in the guest room; I got it off eBay a couple of years ago. It can run the Apple II family of OS's (DOS 3.3, ProDOS) and GS-OS, which is, if I'm not mistaken, something between ProDOS and early Mac OS (though more like ProDOS). I regret to say I haven't really played with it nearly as much as I'd like to have, though.  

Thank you...

quote:
Since when have apples not been apples!!!

Wrong theread.. Mor-ON!  

Fuck you....

I was very young when I had the ][GS, but I remember running a few commmands....actually, only one command.  If you had to launch something, you had to BRUN [FILE]. Not sure what OS that is, though.

I do remember one thing, we had the 'Woz' signed "limited edition" ][GS.  My dad took the original back to wherever he bought it from, claimed it was "broke" then we had the 'Woz.'
"American English -- the noble language of your superiors"

cocoamix

Apple ][ Gs
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2003, 19:10 »
I started in a IIe