Author Topic: eMac  (Read 650 times)

ravuya

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
eMac
« on: 29 April 2002, 18:26 »
The ugliest damn Mac Apple has ever put out.

Oh well, it's supposed to be the cheapest G4 ever made and it has a 17" screen. Too bad it's .edu-only. Maybe I can scam something off my teacher friend.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
eMac
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2002, 21:05 »
WOW!

I even liked the flower power iMacs, but this is a bit too much. 20 bucks says this one lasts a less amount of time than the cube.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
eMac
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2002, 03:42 »
People I know like it and want one. I like it. What some people here in Sweden doesn
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
eMac
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2002, 21:49 »
DUDES, THE FIRST WORDS I HEARD WHEN IT WAS UNVEILED WAS "OH MY GOD!"

THIS ISN'T SOMETHING TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!!! JEEZ!!!!

psyjax

• VIP
eMac
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2002, 13:00 »
Hey macman, what's up?

Why you all pissed??

Anyway, the link in your sig is broken, might wanna fix it.

ravuya

• VIP
eMac
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2002, 18:27 »
Actually, now that I've come off my high of crack cocaine, I have managed to discover an eerie similarity between the eMac and another education-only Mac Apple released some time before.. the All-In-One G3.

Hmmmm....

[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: Ravuya ]

psyjax

• VIP
eMac
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2002, 21:27 »
You know. The eMac is growing on me the more I look at it. The same thing happend with the new iMac, at firt I thought it was an absurdist sculpture, now I think it's cute. I saw one in person and the thing is simply awasome, Apple certainly has it's design asthetics down pat.

Anyway...

The new eMac is kind of cool. Especially for classrooms for which it was intended. But if teachers were afraid about kids breaking the new iMac's LCD screen (which BTW is VERY securely attached to the stem) I wonder how the teachers will react to little kids poking holes in those nifty speakers?

Didn't that prove to be a problem with the Quicksilvers? And even the Quicksliver's speakers are sunken in to a rather deep, 2 or three inch indentation. Imagine how tempting it is to poke those totaly exposed speakers on the eMac.

If anything, that was a careless choice.

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
eMac
« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2002, 07:35 »
I think the eMac isn't bad, really.  It's kind of cute.  They took the iMac (the old one) and redesigned it in line with more current products (the last 17-inch CRT monitor, mixed with the new iMac) so that it fits in better.

The speakers have grilles on them.  Some pictures show them; some don't (like the one above).  Don't worry about them being damaged easily.

And the design isn't really consumer-oriented anyway -- it's targeted to schools only, after all.

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
eMac
« Reply #8 on: 5 May 2002, 12:25 »
I had an idea for an eMac years ago! But did anyone listen? No! They said, "Macman, you are insane!" I guess I sure as hell showed em who's insane now! (maniacal laughter continues for quite a while)

ravuya

• VIP
eMac
« Reply #9 on: 7 May 2002, 18:42 »
I think it's starting to grow on me, too. It looks kind of like a pregnant Color Classic with a bigger screen, actually.

Creepy...