Author Topic: 9500, a conversion tool?  (Read 402 times)

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
9500, a conversion tool?
« on: 12 December 2002, 15:36 »
since ive had it for a week, ive been pissed cuase i couldn't use it becuase of video issues/*atleast im not discuraged since the powerbook incident and this one, then agian i have alot of time on a 400mhz g4 at school, with osx, and that is time i enjoy at school*/. i was on ebay looking at mac -> vga converters/*well, it not that techinal but ill use that term*/ and my dad asked me if thats what would be needed to use it with a monitor. i told him yes, and he asked me to point one out on ebay. easy enough we found one and _he_ bought it. i was getting ready to pull out my wallet and get him 9 bucks, but he said he was pretty interested in it and wanted to see how well it worked. granted its os 9.1, but when i asked him if he was interested in getting a *new* macintosh instead of an athlonxp 1700 or so, he siad he was tettering on the edge. he also mentioned that they were expensive, i then told him
A,) its not going to be underpowerd in 2 years
B,) its faster then alot of machines out their right now
what other arguments are there, ive read alot of them, but what one do you guys think would be most effective
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

cocoamix

• Kudos: 0
9500, a conversion tool?
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2002, 21:12 »
Dud, just get the converter. They should be dirt cheap. Most second-hand computer resellers probably have ones lying around for a buck or two.
It's not worth going on ebay for such a minor item.

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
9500, a conversion tool?
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2002, 05:10 »
i already bought one off ebay, and if it hadn't been for the incompetent fucktard at radioshack, i would have made my own, but instead of carrying a wide 15 pin conecter, they carry goddamned compaq's and shitty home stereos
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
9500, a conversion tool?
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2002, 06:25 »
reason number one....

Mac OS X. It's UNIX deep down, and it's the best desktop OS out there. The hardware, I think, is second to the OS right now, since Apple's falling behind in hardware because Apple Marketing won't let 'em use nice things (fast G3s).
Go the fuck ~

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
9500, a conversion tool?
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2002, 21:39 »
People always complain about Macintosh prices, but look at all the software you get with it when you buy. For one there's OS X, iTunes, iMovie, and dozens of others. All of these programs combined with OS X and the hardware you're buying should really be a lot more expensive in all. Getting a Mac is actually a very good deal.