Author Topic: wysiwyg html editor  (Read 848 times)

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
wysiwyg html editor
« Reply #15 on: 8 December 2003, 04:35 »
If you look around on the Mac OS X downloads page you can find plenty of such editors. I prefer editing pages with BBEdit Lite (I know they stopped developing it, but it still works and I'm too cheap to get the full version). I also have the following meta data in all of my pages: <META HTTP-EQUIV="generator" CONTENT="Every damn bit of this site was coded by me, WYSIWYG editors can kiss my ass.">

kibawarior

• Kudos: 109
wysiwyg html editor
« Reply #16 on: 9 December 2003, 22:52 »
open office is back online yipee check now
linux is wayyyyy cool
windows plain sucks

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
wysiwyg html editor
« Reply #17 on: 10 December 2003, 02:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by kibawarior:
ok thanks for all of the help But I just bought a used copy of dreamweaver mx on ebay it was quite cheap at 20 pounds I instaled it and it works like one hell of a dream.

gods of fire and water! i was about to fire off a shocked response saying this was illegal, however look at the EULA for Macromedia MX, in particular this bit:

quote:
Other than with respect to a Trial Version or a Not For Resale Version of the Software, you may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA only as part of a sale or transfer, provided you retain no copies

so my instinct was wrong! you can indeed legally buy an original of dreamweaver so long as no installations survive from that same disk. I suppose my expectations are biased by the EULAs of a certain other comany's software...

i stil recommend using an open source program such as open office, if not for ideological reasons, how about the fast development cycle and the guarantee that the program will continue to be developedno matter what, not to mention the cost...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

dumbassnemesis

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.dumbass.com
wysiwyg html editor
« Reply #18 on: 11 December 2003, 08:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:

so my instinct was wrong! you can indeed legally buy an original of dreamweaver so long as no installations survive from that same disk. I suppose my expectations are biased by the EULAs of a certain other comany's software...

i stil recommend using an open source program such as open office, if not for ideological reasons, how about the fast development cycle and the guarantee that the program will continue to be developedno matter what, not to mention the cost...

Your surname means "Cunt hairs that fall off my grandmother" in Cantonese!
HACK IT OR CRACK IT IF ITS A GIBSON MAINFRAME THE POASSWOARD WILL BEEZ "god" "sex" or "money"!!!!1111one
LANPARTIES RULE. SODOESTHECHARFOR SPACEBUTIDONTUSEITBETTWEENWORDSEVER
MOTHERBOARD IS A DFI LANPARTY BOARD. AMD 1700+ overclocked to a 2200+.
I PLAY HALF-LIFE AND I HAVE NO-LIFE