Author Topic: Finally!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 408 times)

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: 19 November 2002, 23:42 »
Ever since I lost my internal modem my appearances here have been scarce, only a few glimpses of irony here and there, such as the "nail-your-computer-shut" link or the "how many horses?", but now I have finally some real power behind me. At last a version of the DSL format has found its way into my iMac!

I
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2002, 00:30 »
if they used the G3fx it wouldn't be so bad. you'd have iBooks that outpace the G4 book, but marketing would never allow that, even though "pro" users choose iBooks over PowerBooks anyway.

here's what we should have, based on sales...

iBook 1.3GHz
1.3GHz IBM PowerPC 750fx or 875
Standard with 512MB
40GB HD
CDRW/DVD
Radeon 7500 with 64MB

PowerBook G4 1GHz
1GHz Moto PPC 7475
512 or 768MB RAM
60 GB HD
Superdrive
Radeon 7500 with 128MB

But apple marketing feeds us the "G4 is for pros" line, even though there exist Altivec-enabled G3s that can mop the floor with it. God forbid the marketeers look bad
Go the fuck ~

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.akgames.net
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2002, 00:47 »
quote:
Sure, G3 is fine but the technology is almost 6 years old and in this industry that is like The Iron Bridge in Scotland (no pun intended, Calum!) compared to that office building in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!  

A) Cooling. G4s are hot, and the iBook doesn't have the cooling abilities of the PowerBook.
B) Separation of Market (see above post)
C) Cost. G4s cost $100+ more than a G3 at the same clock speed. Apple wouldn't have been able to keep the price as low as they have.
D) They will eventually, don't worry. Maybe it'll have a Power4...