Author Topic: "Piles" in Panther  (Read 908 times)

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
"Piles" in Panther
« Reply #15 on: 21 April 2003, 16:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Faust:

No offence but you both need to stop blind mac worship.  Xerox or whoever came up with the first GUI.  Does this mean noone else should be able to have a GUI?  The first web browser was on a NeXT computer I belive so no other OS bar NeXT can have a web browser?  Only the first OS to have a start bar can use a start bar?  Only the first OS to be "plug and play" can be plug and play?  Bullshit.  When an idea is important enough then it needs to be used to the advantage of all, not just Apple - the consumers are the ones who need to benefit not the corporate elite.  It would also be wrong for Mac to charge for this concepts use - that money will end up being taken from the consumer and if that happens then it would just be equivalent to Mac stealing from the users whether they use Mac, Windows or Nix.  All OS's "steal" at some point from the competition and I doubt you would hold the same position if it was Apple "stealing" this idea from Microsoft.

I agree completely and second Faust's point! Everyone should benefit from this and not only Mac users. We all know that M$ will finally introduce such a concept, slightly modified, in their OS in the future regardless if Apple copyright it or not. Apple should and must open up such ideas to the open source community, since they always claim that they give back to the open source community.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
"Piles" in Panther
« Reply #16 on: 21 April 2003, 22:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by Panos:
I agree completely and second Faust's point! Everyone should benefit from this and not only Mac users. We all know that M$ will finally introduce such a concept, slightly modified, in their OS in the future regardless if Apple copyright it or not. Apple should and must open up such ideas to the open source community, since they always claim that they give back to the open source community.

I think it's a matter of who does it first. Credit should allways go where it is do, but certain OS's don't like to admit were their ideas come from.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR