Author Topic: OSX rules  (Read 696 times)

<name>

OSX rules
« on: 2 December 2001, 21:08 »
I came to this site from the forums at macnn.com, I am using omniweb and OSX 10.1.1  , I have to say that I hate windoze and micrsnot. I love coming back to my mac after being subjected to a windows machine.

OSX does rule. I am sick of microsoft copying the macos. I know that macs are a bit more expensive thna PCs but believe me if you chage you will NEVER look back  

bcortens

• Kudos: 0
OSX rules
« Reply #1 on: 2 December 2001, 23:52 »
Hey  ya OS X does rule  

Macs are pricyer than pc's  but ya get what ya pay for  if ur to cheap to put in the extra cash and buy something of quality than ur gonna be stuck with microspunge put in the extra cash and buy a quality computer   ie. a mac  :D
The wave of the future is within the holo field distorted world of Apple HQ

MeNaCe

• http://Not Available
OSX rules
« Reply #2 on: 6 December 2001, 06:13 »
if anyone ever gave me a mac I'd throw it off the roof of the highest building i have access to.... PC ownz all!!!!!!!!!!

PC User ~4~ Life wrote this

gump420

OSX rules
« Reply #3 on: 7 December 2001, 15:48 »
Hey, MeNaCe - maybe if you add some intelligent comments interspered in your post you wouldn't come off as a clueless jackass. But, then again, it's probably hard for a clueless jackass to sound intelligent . . .
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
OSX rules
« Reply #4 on: 8 December 2001, 05:20 »
i hear that gump

<Trav>

OSX rules
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2001, 05:14 »
But Apple and the Macs really do suck. The first OS they have that is any good and very stable is actually just BSD with a fancy GUI over it. And did you know that Microsoft basically owns Apple and are only keeping them around so that they can have some competition and not get in trouble for being a monopoly.

MeNaCe

• http://Not Available
OSX rules
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2001, 07:39 »
Gump is a fag..I changed my mind about mac

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
OSX rules
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2001, 05:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by <Trav>:
But Apple and the Macs really do suck. The first OS they have that is any good and very stable is actually just BSD with a fancy GUI over it. And did you know that Microsoft basically owns Apple and are only keeping them around so that they can have some competition and not get in trouble for being a monopoly.

Wow, you really aren't too encumbered by the facts, are you?

Why is Apple the bad guy for adopting a BSD operating system?  Windows ripped portions of BSD's networking stack.  BSD is used as the basis of a number of other big, reputable OS's.  But when Apple does it, that's somehow bad?

And it's based more specifically on NeXTSTEP.  Apple bought NeXT in 1996, so they have every right in the world to use what they purchased for OS X.

And Microsoft does not "own" Apple, you stupid dunce.  That was a purchase of a small amount of NON-VOTING stock, which they have since sold off anyway.  So they now own ZERO percent of Apple.  Christ, with my 50 shares, I now own more of Apple than Microsoft does.

Nice try, though, troll.  You're an excellent argument for limiting posting to registered users only.

gump420

OSX rules
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2001, 06:11 »
MeNaCe - get a life. You post a troll about Macs and then whine because you are trolled back. Fucking loser.

Trav - as The Webmaster pointed out (more or less), you are a fucking idiot. That said, there is another fact you have totally wrong. Mac OS X is NOT, as you said, "BSD with a fancy GUI over it". Shit, it doesn't even use the BSD kernel at all; it uses the Mach microkernel (developed at NeXT, I believe). That's like saying BSD, Linux, Irix, etc. are all the same thing with different GUIs simply because they are all POSIX-based; and if you don't understand why that's a pretty god-damn stupid idea, then you are pretty hopeless indeed.

By the way, the first OS that Apple released that was very stable shipped on the first Apple computer ever built. And the first one that is any good was the OS that shipped on the original Macintosh.

Since The Webmaster already covered the bullshit about Microsoft "owning" Apple, I will point out that, compared to the amount Apple had in the time in cash reserves, Microsoft's investment in Apple amounted to a handful of pocket change. The important part of that deal had nothing to do with the money, in any case; the important part was the promise to continue making Office for Macintosh (not to mention the fact that Office for Mac has been _better_ than Office for Windows ever since).
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.